Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    More like next next gen. That build won't run on next-gen consoles.

2. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah. They said loading world for demo was so unstable they only showed sections. Considering a pre-alpha build its not surprising. But considering 1080p im just hoping the reccomended specs is not a 1070gtx he he , and game's release does not coincide with nvidia 1200gtx debut.

But with right amount of downgraded optimization it should easily work at low-medium graphical settings on next gen as per their ambitions.

3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    CD Projekt Red.

The D stands for downgrade.

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    OMGGGGGGG, CD Project Red at it again!
    There wasn't even a public demo shown yet, but they are already lying!!!
    [​IMG]

I'll just play other games, have a pint, and wait for this all to blow over.
    I will reserve my judgment until it's further in development.

5. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Same here. Will play the current gen games until this releases. But in CDPRs defense they are pretty transparent with what they showed albeit a pre-alpha demo. The whole point of closed demo was to avoid a scandal bcos general public dont get that optimization+QC for any game equals downgrade.

Im just interested how they are keeping their shareholders happy, bcos its already been 4-5y in development.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    killkenny1 likes this.
  6. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Honestly I feel that this 1st person because of a more immersive experience

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They already explained why multiple times in multiple videos.

8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I'm much more a 3rd person type, but I have no beef with the 1st person decision. I grew up with games like Deus Ex and System Shock after all.

9. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Some more information about the First-Person mechanic and population density within the game. Interview with Mike Pondsmith and Cyperbuk Animation director gives some perspectives:

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-world-density-1st-person-view/
    "Cyberpunk 2077 world density is best perceived from a 1st person view, rather than third: when a voice is heard in the game, the first person view doesn’t allow the player to see where it comes from, leaving them with the choice of engaging in the event or conversation or just ignore it, like in real life. With a third person view, this is lost, as players already know who spoke.
    Situational awareness is too high with 3rd person view, and this isn’t good for Cyberpunk 2077’s dense world, as the team doesn’t want players to have the ability to see all threats. He makes an additional example, saying that players have to interact with the world as soldiers, and not generals, comparing 3rd person view to a strategic view and 1st person as a tactical one."

Generally all that makes sense with any game and as long as immersion is not broken and I don't think it should be a problem. As ambitious as this game is trying to be, based on non-cut-scene dynamic/fluid conversations, no leading screen etc, immersion is certainly going to be higher than the games I have played before.

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    CDPR had always treated their customers well. That whole "downgrade" thing was blown out of proportion. Witcher 3 was a masterful game.

killkenny1 and tlprtr19 like this.