Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hahahlol...yeah I know but how many kids will play it though. I see another gta v boycott esque thing happening

2. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here's the detailed ESRB rating for the game. Definitely not something for young kids. https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36949/Cyberpunk+2077/

On a related point, CPDR has had to make some cosmetic adjustments to the game for its Japanese release. In Japan, some of the game's most extreme gore will be censored, as will genital nudity. Source: https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1593...irms-cyberpunk-2077-will-be-censored-in-japan

I wonder if CPDR will include extreme gore/nudity filters as options for players to toggle on/off in other regions, since they've already had to create a cosmetically censored version for Japan.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    cucubits likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    good observation.

I think it will have a toggle but its just a guess and up in the air, either way this game is looking good and should be worthy of the 80 dollar price tag

4. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There are also other markets that often have localized/censored versions; Australia comes to mind in the English speaking world and there are several others in Asia along with Japan. The game is very clearly not for kids censored or not but I would agree a toggle or two seems likely considering the investment is already there supporting it.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. krabman

Reputations:

For your viewing pleasure...

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Going to be epic...

JRE84 likes this.
  7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It does look like it's going to be awesome. It's been quite a while since a good GTA game was out. I remember how much fun I've had with V. Man I loved Trevor.

Graphics aside, I do hope there will be more to this game than just focus on cars and driving around. I guess I imagined it being somewhat closer to Blade Runner scenery but it looks like it's not quite that far out.

Also, I've said it before... I will be disappointed if no player controllable flying cars/planes will be in the game.

8. krabman

Reputations:
    Cars were focused on here but they're a tangent to the core gameplay, Roach on steroids so to speak. I personally hope they stay away from the GTA model as much as possible in the actual game on terms of how it plays out. I'm thinking The Witcher but with guns in the Cyberpunk world based on the in game sequences.

Prototime and cucubits like this.
  9. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not particularly interested in playing a GTA-style game either. I'm hoping for more Deus Ex-like gameplay.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    JRE84, cucubits and krabman like this.
  10. krabman

Reputations:
    Deus Ex, yeah, that would work. I'm not against GTA as it's fun enough for a play through but it lacks substance I'm hoping for here. It would be hard in any event to out GTA, GTA,. it's well done even if it's not my favorite game.

JRE84 likes this.