Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm convinced it will be good and I'll like it, more so than any game I can remember. Could be I've set myself up for a fall but I have to say it's been nice to have a game out there that I was genuinely excited about; it's been a while.

JRE84, Porter and hfm like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Super amped for it, even holding off one buying other games just because I think this will take up all my free time for a while.

I'd really love to get a 3080 in prep for this game but looks like I'll have to play on a 2060 for a bit. 1st world problems I know.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well.. it looks like EVGA is going to a queue system for 3080 allocation, I had signed up for notification a long time ago so maybe I'll get a notification. You have 5 hours to make the purchase after they offer it to you.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. krabman

Reputations:
    I'm having a hard time feeling bad about the crunch time brouhaha. It sounds like a lot of waa for people who have a substantial performance based bonus. Am I wrong?

JRE84 likes this.
  5. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unclear. The company has said that every employee will be "well compensated for every extra hour they put in." What that actually means is unknown. Regardless, at some point, the extra pay isn't worth the extra detriment to health. I'd rather they delay the game again than work their employees into the dirt.

(I don't mean this to sound condescending by any means, but one could equally turn that statement around, and say "I'm having a hard time feeling bad for gamers who have to wait longer for games. It sounds like a lot of waa for people who just want a luxurious plaything.")

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    JRE84 and hfm like this.
  6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It’s funny. The hours that the Internet is feigning outrage over look like a normal workweek for many Americans, and that’s without the generous overtime bonuses that CDPR is offering...

JRE84 likes this.
  7. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    True enough, although I wouldn't say the normal workweek for many Americans is exactly a great model to follow. :confused:

JRE84, BrightSmith, hfm and 1 other person like this.
  8. krabman

Reputations:
    The performance based bonus is 10% divided among them; that isn't going to be chicken scratch with this game, it's going to be real money. Detriment to health doesn't sell to me, if these were drones on a fixed salary and being forced to work draconian hours without any extra pay it might resonate but we're talking hours that would be a piece of cake for most of the world that isn't completely entitled and they're going to be making a serious chunk of money from those hours.

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this will not exactly be a kid friendly game with all the hookers and such.....anyone got a video showing the otherside of things

10. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's a CDPR game, ofc it won't be kid friendly.

hfm and JRE84 like this.