Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I was specifically talking about the RTX features in the game that have been in development for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, it sure is great that Cyberpunk 2077 development now has 3+4 = 7 more months to make everything including RTX / DLSS work 100% out of the box, Day One.

Instead of waiting for patches to be delivered after the original release date in April...

It's too bad Nvidia didn't see fit to make the 2077 RTX Themed GPU's available for everyone, and also too bad that the RTX 3xxx GPU's won't be available for the release of Cyberpunk 2077.

Hopefully when the 3xxx GPU's release Nvidia can include Free copies of Cyberpunk 2077 along with a couple of other current games when the GPU's release as a promotional offer.

AMD could do that too, I've seen a bunch of people mentioning they'd like AMD to offer a Cyberpunk bundle too. Maybe with new less buggy drivers too? ;)

It will be fun to compare Cyberpunk 2077 RTX features on PC vs Cyberpunk 2077 RTX features on Geforce Now and Stadia ... maybe even Microsoft xCloud?

If Cyberpunk 2077 rocks it like the Witcher 3, those CD Projekt Red guys will be porting the game everywhere for a long long time. Endless Cyberpunk 2077 options for everyone. :)

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The RTX cards have been out for 18 months, you don't think this started earlier?

And thinking a card where the entry deadline for winning it is still over a month earlier than the original release date for the game is the reason the game is delayed is pure crazy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4. hmscott

Reputations:
    "I tried to tell you guys Nvidia was behind the slow down for the release of Cyberpunk 2077, Nvidia's Co-opted another game to push RTX. :p

It's all about Nvidia's RTX Crapola...again.
    "

I doubt it, I think it started when Nvidia offered to help them with the project culminating in the announcement back in June 2019 by Nvidia (posted in this thread), either offering co-op advertising help, co-op development help - perhaps even on site Nvidia people as they've done in the past.

All to make sure that Nvidia GPU's have the best performance results, lock the game into their RTX BS, and thereby associate the games positive karma with Nvidia and their RTX BS.

The announcement only came out in June 2019, and Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't part of Nvidia's original RTX roll-out's before then, even though the Cyberpunk 2077 development has been going on for years before, after, and during RTX's time. Nvidia could have jumped in much earlier. Maybe CDPR was holding out for a better offer?

So I think they started then or soon after slapping on RTX bolt-on's, and then after 6 months - as usual - RTX work was interfering with the regular work and not coming up to speed like the other games with RTX.

The tuning required after putting in the first efforts - leaving out more and more until the RTX features don't drop the FPS too much.

Then the DLSS stuff needed to start being AI'd, and that's likely still going on.

So I don't think at all in the very least bit that RTX isn't interfering with game development, because so many other teams have given up on it - in the midst of getting a game ready for release it takes a real commitment to then shoe-horn in RTX crap.

Without money or other incentives I don't think Nvidia would have even the few games they have running RTX. Without a financial incentive why would game developers tie up desperately needed resources on RTX integration instead of having those same resources improve the actual game?

So no, I don't think slapping a coat of paint and a sticker on the 200 (77?) card limited run slowed down the game, but it does show just how far Nvidia will go for co-op advertising to help out their partners.

Not very far.

The crazy I see is Nvidia and their usual antics, and Cyberpunk 2077 for working with them.

I hope it works out, I was excited about the game long before Nvidia got involved, and to be honest it just makes me sick that Nvidia got involved.

I wish Nvidia had left them alone to do their work and then whether the game would have been on time or late wouldn't matter.

The game would would have been free of Nvidia's RTX BS, and that's the game I was hoping to get - just the game, no Nvidia RTX drama to try to steal the show and screw up their karma.

Nvidia will drop in and stink up the room with their RTX BS if game developers let them. Fortunately most haven't taken the bait.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    I thought this pre-order was sold out everywhere, but Walmart.com shows it as in stock for $249:

Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition for PC - Games
    WB Games Walmart # 578966332 Mature
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cyberpunk-2077-Collector-s-Edition-for-PC-Games/200887826
    cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-special-edition-gpu-004.png

If you pre-ordered online (digital copy) double check your "library" - apparently when CDPR delayed the game - changed the "shipping date" - the platforms canceled the pre-orders and refunded - now you need to re-order.

The bad news is some people say they haven't seen the refund, just that Cyberpunk 2077 is now missing from their "library":

r/cyberpunkgame Posted by u/ifherageontheclock 9 hours ago
    I’ve pre-ordered Cyberpunk, I know I did. But, for some reason, it disappeared from my library. I went to check the PS store and was met with the price instead of the release countdown. Does anyone know why?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...ve_preordered_cyberpunk_i_know_i_did_but_for/

OfRivea 9 hours ago
    "Pre orders were refunded, Sony sent an email with a link you had to click to keep it. They should've refunded your payment method too."

Jackjakea Arasaka 4 hours ago
    "Pre orders were refunded if you did not confirm order after delay. Check your emails you'll find that you missed it"

jaypi8883 9 hours ago
    "Microsoft refunded mine. I’m sure Sony did the same after the delay"

zonda2light 2 hours ago
    "On xbox I got a refund cuz of the delay, so I re ordered it again"

Pre-order showing for Cyberpunk 2077 instead of the countdown clock:
    Pre-order showing instead of countdown clock.jpg

Another Reddit post about this cancel / no refund problem:

Pre-order suddenly missing
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/f7zwk6/preorder_suddenly_missing/

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    hfm likes this.
  6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've learned my lesson with No Man's Sky. No matter how cool this looks, I'm never ever paying for a pre-order again. I'm proudly sticking to this rule without exceptions.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yup, me too for games only pre-orders.

For collectable items like Cyberpunk 2077, those may be sold out long before the game is released. You have to want the collectables as much or more than the game to pre-order in this case. Even if the game sucks sometimes the collectables are still worth it. ;)

You can even order just the collectables these days as a pre-order on Ebay, so you don't get stuck with the (potentially) sucky game:

Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition PREORDER - STATUE AND BOX ONLY
    Condition: Brand New

Price:US $207.70
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cyberpunk-2077-Collectors-Edition-PREORDER-STATUE-AND-BOX-ONLY/254259672681

"Cyberpunk 2077 (Collector's Edition) PREORDER. STATUE AND BOX ONLY
    THIS IS FOR THE STATUE AND BOX ONLY. NOTHING ELSE IS INCLUDED.

STATUE AND BOX CIRCLED IN RED.

This is a Preorder."
    s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    cucubits likes this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My pre-order remains in my library, I didn't respond to any emails about it.

hfm and hmscott like this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Seems like this is a PS related problem, at least I only read PS users complain about it.

My preorder is still there, intact on GOG.

hfm, hmscott and krabman like this.
  10. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My pre-order remains in my library, I didn't respond to any emails about it.

Mine is on GOG as well.

hfm and hmscott like this.