Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    As long as it's released prior to 2077 we are ahead of schedule. ;)

hfm, Prototime and hmscott like this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I agree.. I haven't even installed RDR2 I bought over the holidays, I've got PLENTY of games to keep me busy. I'll also need a little time with Doom Eternal and Doom 64. In a way I'm somewhat glad they delayed it.

hmscott likes this.
  3. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://www.altchar.com/game-news/c...t-gen-consoles-new-source-claims-aRRcH8e4RHYT

Speaking in a podcast, which you can watch below, Niespielak says that the original Xbox One console is not powerful enough to run the game properly and apparently, Cyberpunk 2077 performance on the console is "extremely unsatisfactory".

Borys' sources confirmed that if "this problem with Xbox has not been solved by January 2020, the release date must be postponed."​

hmscott likes this.
  4. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Remind me, but why is this game so anticipated?

hmscott likes this.
  5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Impossible. The delay is solely a result of NVIDIA forming a partnership with CDPR to push ray tracing. Why? Because Wikipedia told me so.

hmscott and yrekabakery like this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    tl;dr
    1. CD Projekt RED
    2. Cyberpunk
    -----
    Long answer

1. CD Projekt RED of Witcher series fame. They have consistently grown and morphed into the powerhouse studio that birthed Witcher 3 onto the world. The open-world RPG that raised the bar for story/character based open world action RPG games. Witcher 3 significantly raised the bar in multiple ways that further AAA games in the genre will need to stand up to. I grey market imported the first Witcher game from an EU store before it was available in the US.. yeah I was thank psyched for this series. CDPR is an extremely customer focused developer giving away free enhancements and creating REAL SUBSTANTIAL expansions, none of that nickel and dime you to death BS everyone else is doing. So that's one reason.

2. Cyberpunk. Maybe this is just a small fraction of us, but those of us that love that genre of sci-fi (and are old enough to have been there from the early days.. *cough* i'm old *cough*), and had movies like Blade Runner forming their taste at an early age (I think I was 11-12), legendary books by authors like William Gibson and Neil Stephenson, and played the pen-and-paper RPG the game is based on that the legendary Mike Pondsmith created, have been waiting for a proper video game in this world setting. The fact that Mike is directly involved with guiding it and CDPR is building it is probably the best-case scenario that could have happened.

If you have to ask why it's so anticipated there's a chance either you just didn't like the CDPR Witcher series and are trolling to pounce on someone singing it's praises or you don't know about the history of the Cyberpunk RPG universe or Cyberpunk genre media in general.

Prototime, killkenny1 and hmscott like this.
  7. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    System parity.

...same reason why Witcher 3 was visually downgraded.

hmscott likes this.
  8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    FTFY

saturnotaku and hmscott like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Damn right! :)

Wikipedia had the dates and timeline facts. I put together the facts to propose possible reasons for the delay, which are far more believable than delaying all Cyberpunk 2077 platform releases 6 months due to slowness on the Xbox??, Pffft!! Right.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-chat-thread.818861/page-21#post-10984077

Don't forget about Keanu's part adding to the delay!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-chat-thread.818861/page-20#post-10984037

Historically Nvidia slowed down the release of the Witcher 3 too with that Hairworks crap, now we have history repeating itself! Nvidia comes in at the last minute and crams in their RTX / Hairworks crap screwing up performance and delaying release.
    Yeah, that's a bunch of BS. Why delay all the product versions due to one console's poor performance, and why didn't they see this coming a year before in June 2019 when they were "done except for polishing" - they already screwed up like this once before with Witcher 3!

I don't believe it's as simple as a single stupid decision like that, it's a combination of crap not ready leading to the decision to not ship.

Singling out the Xbox poor performance is a slick way to excuse their 6 month delay, but I'm not buying it as the single reason to delay for 6 more months.

You guys believe what you want to believe, and I'll do the same.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  10. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All I know is I'm pretty bummed, I think the last time I was this amped up for a game to come out was on the lead up to Half-life: Yes, the original. I'm not saying it's like the dog died but I'm most def feeling a bit of burn over it.

hmscott likes this.