Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Part of me is like, do I really want to watch more footage. I already pre-ordered it I might rather just have everything be unknown.

EDIT: good enough or me, I'm in!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    hmscott, Prototime and Atma like this.
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here is the video they showed on Twitch today.

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I honestly don't understand people concerned about spoiler - so you will see just an hour of gameplay footage, in a game which will last for tens of hours, what's the concern?!?

hfm likes this.
  4. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Can't speak for HFM but for me I have had games and movies major plot points spoiled by reading forums. Sometimes even in threads not even about the game/movie. Kinda ruins part of it the fun for me when I know XXX will die, or choose the blue bill etc. So I do try to avoid it but sometimes it still happens. Maybe I just want to know about game mechanics or how it runs, but not know something that is supposed to be part of a story or a surprise.

hmscott and hfm like this.
  5. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sometimes an hour of gameplay can show literally the most important beats of a story. Or an entire side quest's story. Or a big subplot in the story. Some people don't want anything major spoiled, and others don't want even minor parts of the story spoiled. To each their own.

hmscott and hfm like this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I just like to know as little story and character stuff as possible. It's not a huge deal though, it's good to see something to raise the excitement, but for this one based on a table top game I like and a development house I like I don't need to see anything really.

hmscott likes this.
  7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well i'm hyped for the game and i've seen little videos as possible to avoid spoilers! Love to start a game fresh like i did for GTA V for PC :)

Prototime and hfm like this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Doesn't really matter why someone doesn't want to know anything, whether a legit spoiler or not, that one is in the eye of the beholder. Myself, I cant wait for this game and I'll take an inadvertent spoiler or two to get a little bit of a peek at the goods.

Prototime, hfm and killkenny1 like this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Holy hell, the amount of people complaining lately about the absence of TPP is ridiculous.
    I mean, yeah, it can be a legitimate concern, if it wasn't for complains mostly made by this kind of people:
    [​IMG]

hfm, Atma and Prototime like this.
  10. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The amount of people wanting to play this game to watch animated polygons pretend to get it on is likewise ridiculous. Really, most of the nit-picky whining in general is just ridiculous, especially this early on. The story and gameplay are amazing-looking enough, even if it isn't literally the perfect game. But people always need to find something to complain about.

But I get it. I like platforming games, and I haven't seen a single Mario-themed level in this game. So disappointing. /s

hfm and killkenny1 like this.