Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cyberpunk 2077 is being optimized for current hardware, I'm sure it will run fine at max settings on current RTX cards ;-)
    I remember playing Witcher 3 when it came out, it played well on 980 card with all settings maxed.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I don't really care too much about the graphics, I'm sure they'll be fine. I really care more about if it's actually a good game end to end and the art direction is good.

Prototime and killkenny1 like this.
  3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not sure what your standards are, but the 980 dropped below 30 FPS in TW3 maxed out (incl. HairWorks). That was the fastest mainstream GPU at the time since the Titan X was $1000. Thankfully the 980 Ti came out not long after. But still, a $650 GPU (with the same level of performance as the $1000 GPU) not getting 60 FPS minimum at 1080p was not exactly confidence inspiring.

killkenny1 likes this.
  4. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I do not remember which FPS I had - Witcher 3 didn't even have benchmark. All I remember is I had EVGA 980 SC card (according to Newegg I got it on 3/23/15) and when I ran the Witcher 3 - game played fine with no noticeable slow-downs. Of course, there were many bugs which caused issues with some gameplay or game crashes but this is normal for any game ;-)

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Fresh interview with Marcin Iwiński

hfm and hmscott like this.
  6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:

Mike Pondsmith is such a cool guy.

hfm and hmscott like this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I played Witcher 3 on much lesser hardware than that (870M) and had a blast, maxing it out to have a good time probably not required. At the very least turn off hairworks that was a performance killer with not much benefit.

Prototime and killkenny1 like this.
  8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's debatable as HairWorks is one of the more impactful visual settings. Without it, the wolves for example look like they have no fur, and the large hairy monsters are also far less dynamic. I'm using a mod to disable HW on Geralt only (since his hair actually looks better without it) while keeping it on everything else. That, along with lowering HW MSAA to 4x, HW Preset to Low (reduces tessellation factor), and Shadow Quality to High, lets me maintain 60 FPS minimum at 1080p, even when fighting a pack of 10+ wolves, on an overclocked GTX 1080.

hfm and killkenny1 like this.
  9. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't remember what settings I used for the Witcher now but do recall I was able to get good performance with decent visuals at 1440P with my 1080. I suppose both "decent" and "good performance" are in the eyes of the beholder but I'm not worried about this game. I'm very confident I can get it to run at 1080 smoothly with satisfactory frame rate unless something is hosed in the game itself. Who knows, I found that the Witcher 3 looked better at 1440 with a few more things turned down than it did at 1080 with a few more things turned up. I suspect some of that is the native 2k display.

hfm likes this.
  10. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmscott and hfm like this.