Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ugh that sucks

JRE84 likes this.
  2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My condolences. This is the worst possible time to have a GPU kick the bucket on you.

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't see this as bad news. I see no benefit at all having multiplayer added to Cyberpunk. I don't know if it was ever intended with multiplayer in mind but IMO, if they keep polishing it, adding more content - it can be a great single player experience.

hfm, krabman, JRE84 and 2 others like this.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Forget multiplayer, when the single player RPG still needs at least another year or two of "all hands on deck" attention, with revamping of existing systems and adding content.

7. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure that they want it for any other reason than recurring income? Image deathmatch in night city with characters that have the single player skills and weapons; so many sniper perches, auto targeting weapons, contagion, etc. No way you don't highly modify the single player play style. You do have the city itself which is quite an impressive piece of work but would you stop and smell the roses in a Fortnight type offering?

To me it's like there is a disconnect between management and actually playing a game. They want their cash cow but have no idea what changing to multi would do to the game world of how players would interact in it.

8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    To me it'd be like trying to shoehorn PvP into Mass Effect without sweeping gameplay changes, in that your character is so powerful in singleplayer that multiplayer would be a balance nightmare.

9. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    To me the balancing schtick is laughable. You're only OP relative to the bots. Just because some weapons and playstyles are inherently more powerful and that doesn't mean it needs to get a nerf.

Just let the multiplayer experience develop on its own. If everyone is OP, nobody will be.

10. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Okay so anyone who doesn't heavily play quickhacks is dead. Sounds like fun. Again it's like expecting Adepts or Engineers in Mass Effect to be balanced when they can lock down an entire room solo. The guns don't matter.

When I can call out the meta this easily everyone isn't OP, it's an illusion.

krabman likes this.