Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
  2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For some reason I've been taking my time with Cyberpunk. I've made very little progress over the past weeks, not necessarily playing a lot, but I mostly get distracted and cut my sessions very short.

Having said that, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that last night I got stuck and resorted to looking online for help. I've really tried hard to stay away from spoilers and figure everything out myself but I just didn't feel like reloading 100 times this time. I'm talking about Oda and his damned swords. It didn't make sense to me as up to this point I could pretty much click away in 1-2 shots anything, but he was thoroughly kicking my cute little butt. Sadly after watching a few videos and tips, he went down extremely easy. Not proud.

Hard to describe what's going on, this game is giving me very conflicting feelings. I'm either having a blast and enjoy the awesome sights and atmosphere or other times I just want to play the main story and be done with it. Can't put my finger on it if it's the game that's not doing something right or there's something wrong with me.

BrightSmith and JRE84 like this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Whether you like it or not is just an opinion, I'd say nothing wrong with you.

killkenny1 and cucubits like this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    With pretty much every new game I play nowadays, I have a walkthrough next to me and use Easy mode. I don't have the time or patience to plod through things any more.

cucubits likes this.
  5. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  6. cucubits

Reputations:
    Well... I finished the main story.

I think I got the good ending but I can't help feeling a bit sad and disappointed.

While I like a game that gives you a lot of freedom, I can't just stop playing the main quest just because I know I am supposed to play side missions. I wanted to see how the story unfolds. Suffice to say that I don't like this sort of approach where you finish the story in one way and if you want to keep playing, you essentially have to reload. At least for now, I have no more desire to play the game, and I've missed so much side content... my save shows 30 hours.

Another thing I don't like... fancy main missions which make it clear they are the final mission. I just couldn't enjoy the last mission as much as I did earlier ones when I knew it's not obviously close to the end.

The devs could've done a much better job writing the main mission. They could've made it much longer by integrating quests which ended up in the side bin. They also could've done a much better job to streamline the "keep playing" choice after the main quest is done.

I feel they also messed up the balancing a lot. I played on hard and apart a boss fight, I had absolutely no problems plowing through enemies with minimal points in perks, even stealth wasn't really needed anymore. At one point I just stopped messing with the character screen altogether, ignored all the points, and the game was just fine, I was still mostly overpowered. This is nothing like The Witcher... if I hadn't known, I honestly wouldn't guess these devs have anything to do with that masterpiece.

...at least Judy's happy, so it's not all bad.

7. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, you quickly become overpowered. I've done multiple playthroughs and by 35 or so I was into God mode with all of them. The contagion build was by far the most overpowered: You can stand outside a building and kill everyone in it without taking a hit point. Think about it; it can be made to jump long range to multiple targets, do crits, cost almost no resources, and apply the massive passive from short circuit which is in itself a one shot kill. Ludicrously overpowered.

8. cucubits

Reputations:
    So what do you guys play after Cyberpunk? I've been cranky all day and did not feel like firing up anything.

I'm mad at myself for rushing through the main story and now I don't want to play it anymore.
    I'm also mad at the game... for the reasons I mentioned above.
    I miss Judy :rolleyes:

This is why I usually don't finish games I like. I know it doesn't make sense but I spare myself this...

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    A bit of this and that like ETS2 and Sniper Elite 4. Also looking forward to get AOE2DE during upcoming Steam Lunar Sale.
    There was recently a demo of Immortals Fenyx Rising made available by Ubisoft. Didn't expect much of the game, but it was there to try out and...that game is amazing! Probably the best thing Ubisoft made in years. So I've been playing it since Sunday.

Felt the same way after finishing CP2077. I craved for more, wanted to go back. But for now Immortals keeps my thoughts away from CP2077. I want to wait for some more patches and mods before diving back into CP2077 again.

cucubits likes this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What you saw was the illusion of freedom, which I think is weighing your sense of disappointment more than the other factors you mentioned. Fire up Observer or the original Deus Ex if you want a cyberpunk palette cleanser.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    cucubits likes this.