Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Cyberpunk 2077 security vulnerability exposed that leaves PCs open to malicious code; CDPR promises a quick turnaround for a fix | today

People have discovered a new issue affecting Cyberpunk 2077, and it is one that could allow the execution of malicious code on your PC. CDPR blames external DLLs and claims that it will fix the problem soon. However, people apparently warned CDPR of the issue before it released Hotfix 1.11. Cyberpunk Engine Tweaks has reputedly already addressed the vulnerability, though.

2. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    CDPR tried to throw the Cyber Engine Tweaks team under the bus, they weren't having it and put them on blast:

[​IMG]

Someone get the recording of that conference call with Nvidia [​IMG]

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    SMH. That's pathetic, and the blame being on lack of unit testing passes the smell test. Just another casualty of overworked engineers trying to ship the product under stressful conditions.

killkenny1 likes this.
  4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If this is true, CDPR is really starting to lose brownie points.

killkenny1 and Papusan like this.
  5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The shenanigans continue despite their claims of "owning it' in the aftermath of the launch debacle. I was sad over the game launch but had hope they would find their path again. Trust is hard to get as a business and so many would have killed to have CDPRs reputation. Shameful to be giving it up in this way fully knowing you're under a microscope. Especially when they could have just folded it into and as a part of the rushed launch mess which they've already taken their licks for and walked away. An appalling failure of leadership.

JRE84 likes this.
  6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's the sad part... I feel that poor management decisions ended up killing this. They shouldn't have pushed so hard to make the imaginary launch date they set. They shouldn't have set that date to begin with.

I see this in my line of work all too often. Management pushes some completely unreasonable deadline to the customer while us, the engineers and devs keep telling them there's absolutely no way we're making that deadline, yet the PMs just look at their numbers and stick to the date... when it all hits the fan, of course it's our fault.

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    CDPR should not piss off the modders. It's the last people you want to screw around as they have the actual ability and passion to save and fix your game...

JRE84, cucubits and BrightSmith like this.
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    At this point, Todd Howard is proving to be more trustworthy than CDPR.

RPG.PNG NoRPG.PNG

RPG2.PNG

JRE84 and Kevin like this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    JRE84, hfm and saturnotaku like this.
  10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I dunno, I enjoyed my playtime in it. It wasn't the best game I've ever played by far, but I don't think it was trash. If it was I wouldn't have suffered through 150 hours of it no matter how much I've been yearning for it for 7 years. I have too many other games to play.