Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I never worry about achievements; I just figured I'd burn the eddies up and that was a way to quantify whether there really was a better car in the mix or not. Haven't decided if I'll complete getting them all; I'm close enough to make it feel like I can go the distance but far enough away that I'm not wanting to grind out the eddies. I don't have all that much content left on this side of the point of no return so that's another factor. Speaking of the point of no return I had thought about looping back and doing the endings but I've changed my mind; I think I'm just going to pick one and wait for the DLC to take some of the others. That will be a while down the road, I'm using satellite data on this job site and it's both slow and expensive.

hfm likes this.
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    This is it, my chooms :(
    [​IMG]

hfm and krabman like this.
  3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Finished the game. I now have the sads...

Went with Nomad ending, since I played as a Nomad I thought it would be the right choice for my V.
    Checked other endings online, and man, they are all downers. That is it with sad protagonist fates. First
    RDR2
    now this.
    Kept the body and sent Johnny on his way with Alt. For some reason I think giving away V's body to Johnny maybe would have been a "correct" option, but after all the stuff V went through, I think V deserves some rest, even not for so long. And despite sad projections on V's life, I really liked the Nomad ending, it's very hopeful.
    Hopefully there will be some story add-ons, just wish it will be a continuation and not take place during the events of NC.

Liked the calls during credits. Too bad Takemura was a bit salty, even after all the help he got from V. Also very weird call from Peralez. I told him the truth, but during the call he told me about his wife. Guess they are doing something to his head...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    hfm likes this.
  4. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm getting pretty close myself... About those endings you have to keep in mind it's not over; there are still 3 DLCs and you can clearly see several ways they may be taking this thing no matter what ending you take. But yeah, still sad. :tears:

hfm likes this.
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I did the
    ending where you let Johnny take the wheel. I just wanted to see him get some payback against Smasher even though Johnny is clearly a delusional psychopath. I'll pick a different ending when I get around to another run.

6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    The one with Rogue? I'm tempted to try out the secret ending, want to see if I qualify for it.
    But for my main ending I didn't want Johnny to get behind the wheel. Who knew how it would end, wanted V to be there for the end...
    Either way Smasher got what he deserved in the end, be it from V or Johnny. The fight wasn't too hard, but then again, I was at level 50, so I guess it's a given. I also didn't want to kill him at first, as I usually don't kill key characters, but I did promise Johnny, so offed the bastard. Only regret was that I used Kerry's revolver instead of Johnny's gun to flatline Smasher.

I'm really itching for a second playthrough, but I got to wait for fixes. Even with huge backlog I still can't get this game out of my head. It's TW3 and RDR2 all over again...

I know that story addons were confirmed, but don't remember hearing about 3of them.
    If that's true, oh happy me!

hfm likes this.
  7. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is what they have previously announced, we'll have to see what reality brings us. I don't think there can be much doubt some content is coming and we know that this game was made with that content in mind from the start so it stands to reason the story arc was developed to play out over the whole. When you look at in in that way all of a sudden the endings we have now seem rather better than they do when taken alone.

@hfm I have to say we seem to have similar tastes in many ways. I played the crap out of all the games on your list, did the same ending in this one, we both went stealth/pistol, etc. I'm going with great minds on that one. :D

hfm likes this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sounds like 1.1 is out.

9. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It is, I was about to ask if anyone tried the game with it.

krabman likes this.
  10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Looking at the change log made me a bit disappointed. No QoL stuff, not even a minimap scale adjustment.
    IMO, the fixes look like something a 1.07 would have, not 1.1.
    But I guess they had to release something, as in the apology video the big cheese said that within 10 days a patch will drop, and people were already getting their pitchforks ready judging by all the angry posts on Reddit waiting for the patch...

seanwee and krabman like this.