Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was about to say I haven't had too many random crashes but both yesterday and today got flatlined suddenly while around Panam's camp. Not doing anything, random moments. I usually take these as signs that I've played enough for the day and do something else :)

2. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No crashes, I did have a couple broken quests where I had to go back to an earlier save. Didn't really bother me much because the game makes a lot of auto saves and the quests are relatively short. When they're long the normally broke down into segments and the game saves between them so even if I forgot to do it myself there is usually a save right where I need it.

On another subject as I said previously I'm on my clear play-through and I've got more than enough time in to call BS on some of the complaints of this game: A number of outlets claimed the game lacked content. Many claimed no bar was raised. Some said the game played the same no matter what skills you took. I disagree. I call BS. Anyone who did all the quests put a lot of time into it, a LOT of time. There are literally hundreds; I was counting completed quests but got annoyed when I hit 100 and could see scrolling up and down I still wasn't quite half way through and there are a number of quests out there in the game world I haven't hit yet. Played the same is also BS; my stealth build played nothing at all like my guns blazing build which was nothing like my netrunner build. More builds remain. Didn't raise the bar? Sorry but these graphics have not been equaled by any game I've run into. The sound is great; ambient noises, gunfire, the lamentations of the women. Even the small stuff: No game has done so well at lip syncing and capturing emotional moods. When Panam is POed you don't need to read the dialogue, you can see it on here face, when she goes on a diatribe her lip syncing matches the words. It's not perfect but no game has come closer. When an NPC pulls something out of it's pocket it appears like the animation must have been motion captured, very realistic. Not perfect but no game I've played can equal the smoothness and realistic motion. I can go on here but you get the idea; I really feel like there is some feces being dropping on this game that is undeserved.

3. cucubits

Reputations:
    I'm dumb, I know why it keeps crashing for me. I was playing with the settings and left RTX enabled. Most likely it doesn't like something about my clock settings... but for now I'm not willing to tweak those.

With RTX off I had no crashes at all, zero, none.

hfm likes this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I played it with RTX off, it was still a beautiful game. I'll use RTX on my second playthrough later in the year, maybe have better hardware by then.

I had RTX on early in the beginning but turned it off at some point.

cucubits likes this.
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I agree as well. No denying there were some inexcusable problems before the rounds of hotfixes, and some still remain, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the playthrough. Since I only did one ending I'm going to have a good time I think doing a completely different build and life path next time. Looking at Galaxy where I can see my playtime of nearly all my owned games across platforms (1055 of them..) Cyberpunk 2077 is currently in the #7 spot on that list behind some obvious games that would end up above it. Well obvious games in my list since I do not play any multiplayer focused games like Fortnite, the CODs.. etc..

[​IMG]

I'm sure if I was using digital storefronts at the time of a lot of older classic games there would be some on here like Morrowind, Oblivion, the Baldur's Gates (I own all the EE"s direct from Beamdog so those aren't there.. for the umpteenth replays I did for that..)

EDIT: full disclosure I did have CP2077 sittle idle for hours at a time while I did something else.. so.. it's not 100% legit but it can't be too far off...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:09 PM
  6. cucubits

Reputations:
    Did anyone else have scan mode suddenly stop working. Now when I press tab it sort of highlights points of interest in yellow but doesn't open the usual interface and no options appear. Only noticed during a mission when I am supposed to scan something and it won't work. Did I mess it up somehow or it's a bug?

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Every time something like that glitched I would just quick save and reload. I forgot what the most prevalent reason I had for that was but I had to do it quite a few times.

cucubits and killkenny1 like this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Yup, don’t even have to revert to an older save. Quicksaving and loading on the spot often fixes most problems.

cucubits likes this.
  9. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems like we've all had a similar experience in that regard. I've had music get stuck on one particular track, the loot pop-up that wont go away, that sort of thing, a quick save and load seems to do the trick in most cases. I did have one quest get broken where I had to go back a few saves and start the works over again but normally a quit and reload seems to get the train back on the track.

cucubits likes this.
  10. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just completed it, put in about 100hrs and I think I've done everything or at least everything i wanted to. A few NCPD things remain on the map but I'm not too fussed about that.

Got the "good" ending as well which was nice. Really enjoyed the game.