Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Enhanced editions are about a sure thing across the board, that is not the subject of the post I responded to or what the link he posted references: Legacy consoles are running in a backwards compatibility mode and are to be transitioned to a ground up build that can in utilize most of the goodies now available and already on the new consoles and PC. That is the transition they are talking about.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Yay, found yet another side quest! At this point feels like I'm running a car on fumes :D
    Also beat Caesar. Wasn't hard fight this time. Maybe it was that Animals Knuckles mod for Gorilla Arms or me double jumping instead or dodging helped the things. Anyway, felt sorry for the gonk, so left him the cash. His car was all I need. It's a pretty sweet ride too.
    Now to beat that Animals lady and I'm off to finals!

3. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's what I Was saying... CURRENT gen consoles are getting upgrade soon this year.. Current = PS5/SeriesX

JRE84 likes this.
  5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's confusing because they use both current, and next gen for the latest and greatest but also current and legacy for the previous gen while talking about the upcoming updates. The way I read it across multiple reporting sites is that the current consoles have most assets in just as we do, it does not sound like there will be "new stuff" for them so much as better working stuff whereas the previous gen will, if they can be believed, be getting some of the goodies already in on PC and on the new consoles that was pulled to try and get performance up.

About updating graphics on the PC I've read nothing specific but I'm doubtful it's high on the list with so much other work to be done that I'd think is more important. You've got all the console issues but even without them the PC version has all the bugs, massive balance issues, AI problems, game breaking exploits, etc. Seems to me like that stuff would be on the front burner for PC?

6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    PS5 and XSX (now considered current-gen) are literally just running the PS4 Pro/X1X versions at higher/smoother framerates. They are running the game at low/medium settings basically.

The update is an unknown but is likely to bring parity with PC's high/ultra settings and some optional level of ray tracing.

The PS4/X1 aren't going to get better assets, they are too weak for it, they just need massive optimization and bug fixing.

seanwee likes this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Gotta say, Rhino is a real champ. Just look at her, even after defeat she's a happy camper
    Untitled.jpg

So off to final fight I go. Also one thing I didn't use but helped out a bit were those stamina and health boosters. I have a bunch of them in my inventory, but never used them, and now finally used them for fights and they sure come in handy.

hfm likes this.
  8. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can't wait for you to "enjoy" the final fight. It's honestly retarded.

killkenny1 likes this.
  9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yeah, I just tried it...
    The hell is that?!?

ratchetnclank likes this.
  10. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

killkenny1 likes this.