Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    C'mon man. Im not getting into ur gears. Been playing fps since grade school lol so what am I supposed to counter. If i can play skyrim in both first and third whats the big deal (skyrim isnt the only one too). Some place i preferred first and in some third, used to switch by pressing a button on keyboard lol. I like to see the clothing and world view from third person perspective sometimes (its not a game destroying experience). Not a point of contention. If you have your constructive perspective, please share.

PS: I can imagine Doom in third person might look like Mass effect

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Now now, no need to get so defensive.
    Shooter in FFP and 3rd use different mechanics, and what suits one doesn't always suit another. 3rd person shooters usually use cover mechanic, which in FPS doesn't work so well. That 's why I mentioned to try to imagine how Doom would play in TPP... Probably horrible. And if CDPR needs to switch to 3rd person view this means they would have to rebuild maps, to suit both perspective gamestyles.
    And Skyrim isn't the best example in my opinion. At least I found combat in 3rd person too clunky. Roaming open world is fine, but combat...
    I guess something like that could work for CP2077 though - roaming city in either first or third perspective, but switch to FPP in combat.

3. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Totally agree with what you said regarding gameplay. Im 100% on the same boat. Your last para explains my viewpoint beautifully. Would have preferred third person switching mechanism on my keyboard to roam around the street and inside the mega building etc.

Killkenny1, BTW what did you think about the color palette they have used for buildings etc? I felt graphics were amazingingly fluid and view distance was superb.

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Hmmm, I need to refresh my memory. It's been a while since I last last saw the demo gameplay.
    *goes to rewatch demo gameplay for the n-th time*

hmscott likes this.
  5. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If it's a choice it doesn't matter, the end user chooses, everybody wins, problem solved. I'm not sure why that didn't make it in but I suspect there is a reason based on how emphatic they are despite some vocal criticism. Frankly, I'm first person whenever possible so for me it's all good. Looking at it realistically even if it was 3rd only I'd still play and I'm sure, enjoy it; although I'd need a little bit of whine sauce to make it more palatable. :)

6. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    do you all think a gtx 1070 will be able to run cyberpunk at 1080, 60fps on high+ settings?

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Of course!
    Because the game was already released and we have benchmark results.

/s

I think they cut TPP because it doesn't suit the combat, pure and simple. To allow both, they would probably have to change gameplay mechanics and/or make some restriction, which might already be too late or will once again lengthen the development.
    Obviously more choice is always better. but personally I don't give a toot. I will play it either way - FPP, TPP, or both. Perspective is really not a big deal, in my opinion. Although there are plenty of people on the internet who obviously feel otherwise. But I will leave it to them...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  8. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Ya. It should be able to run. Question is.. at what temperature

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No way to know this. Wait for the game to be released and for it to be added to benchmark suites.

10. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're looking at it the wrong way... The question is not will it run in HD at 60 frames on a 1070, the question is "Do I I need to upgrade to the latest and greatest?" I can tell you right now the answer to that question is almost invariably yes! :)