Customer care from Dell is a joke!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by jasonVFe, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonVFe

jasonVFe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    there is no such upgrade option since the beginning for the 8th gen to 9th gen , It is only 9th gent 8700 and the 9900.so I checked it with the sales agent and confirmed with him on the phone if my order was 9th gen 9700 at the first time before I made the order,. He said yes he was pretty sure that it was 9th gen . I stated that I need the 9th gen i7 instead of the 8th gen . but their website got some wired description on the CPU . they put 9th gen 8700 on their website which should be 9th gen 9700. The agent (Vikram)said this just misdiscription for their 9th gen i7 and I could just placed the order and he will make sure he will put my order with 9th gen 9700 to the factory . After I confirmed with him about the 9700 instead of 8700 or the spec of the machine I wanted, I placed the order. and I stated clearly if it was not the 9th gen i7 , it is ok I will get the metabox. and he told me he will made 100% sure I will get the 9th gen 9700 so I could put the order without any worry . the conversation of the screenshot was took after my order was canceled mistakenly from their system's wise. And I just noticfied the agent the order had been the 8th gen again and is different with what he promised.
    And I just state the fact and true here. i am sorry to break someone's fanboy dream of your favor brand. but it is time to wake up.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. jasonVFe

Reputations:
    Oh and now I am the looking for free upgrade guy. thanks for showing me how to manipulate and made a lie to looks like a truth .

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There is no i7-9700, there is a i7-9700k. Your first order clearly shows 8th generation i7-8700, the second for whatever reason shows 9th gen but still an 8700. It's the cheapest CPU Dell offers and likely what you picked. Dell only offers an 8700, 9700k, and 9900k with the 51m. I'm sorry you contacted Dell after ordering and got the impression that it would be a non-existent 9th generation 9700.

Regardless of what happened, my advice is to return the laptop and look to a different company since you clearly have issues with Dell.

4. jasonVFe

Reputations:
    I am sorry that I am not the tech fan here. to me 9700 and 9700k would be the same if you didnt specified. and the sales agent didnt tell me the difference too.
    sorry to wake you up

5. custom90gt

Reputations:
    You're not a tech fan but know that 8th generation is limited to 6 cores while 9th goes up to 8?

Spartan and Papusan like this.
  6. jasonVFe

Reputations:
    for how many cores or some tech specs, if you are going to spend $6000 , wont you do some homework? although you might not get all the correct information but you definitely will do it . At least , I will try to know what i will pay for

7. custom90gt

Reputations:
    It's great that you're doing your homework, and I'm sorry you're upset with Dell. Cut your losses and look elsewhere, but skip the personal attacks.

*on edit*
    JasonVFe decided that personally attacking users was more important than trying to talk about his issues with Dell, so he has been banned. It makes me wonder if his Dell forum experience was similar. I'm quite vocal about my disdain for the 75C throttling setpoint on the 9570 but I haven't been banned there...

8. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It's unfortunate that the nuclear option was used, but clearly refused to clear his head and think proactively while insulting anyone with even mild criticism.

9. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Sadly I have three pages of a private conversation where I tried to explain that personal attacks are not allowed and would result in a ban. The OP's response was to insult me multiple times throughout the conversation.

katalin_2003, TheReciever and Spartan like this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    just wow! being rude is one thing and is not accepted by insulting a staff member is just unacceptable! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.