Customer care from Dell is a joke!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by jasonVFe, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If I may give further context here, cross posting the same content reduces exposure of other member's threads who may or may not need that exposure. Its unfair to them to allow some to post more and reduce their exposure.

At least thats how I view it.

2. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I agree: cross-posting is disrespectful and offensive in several ways and for several reasons, including the one you mention.

But it is worth noting that it's mostly new members who do it, and they often do not realize that it is problematic. Once it is properly explained to them, most understand it right away, apologize, and do not do it again.

Most, that is, not everybody.

3. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Customer care in general hasn't really been a priority for almost any company, even the ones I worked for. In your specific case, it was similar to my previous company of Tesla having multiple departments that fail to deal with a single consumer claim about the used car they purchased (watch "Rich Rebuilds" on youtube to get an idea on the horrible customer service and sales).

That being said your messages come off as either too strong and to put it bluntly - a pain to read. It is very possible to make a sensible post with proper feedback and criticism that detailed what had happened without sounding like an angry manchild on reddit. Moderators do their job of keeping civility and them deleting such posts is well within reason. You don't have to go around calling anyone a shill because they support the company they purchased from or had no issues with it. Mileage varies per person and nothing is ever fair or the same and you just happened to get the short stick

Hopefully, you get your money back because it seems like the service is definitely not working in your favor.

Spartan likes this.
  4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I guess I missed the post where I appeared to not be on your side. I feel bad you are having a terrible time with Dell and their customer support. I only wanted you to minimize the cross posting to both help you resolve your issue and to make sure other users are not spinning their wheels trying to help you. I am not naive when it comes to dealing with pretty much every laptop manufacturer out there since I did hardware support for 10 years. The only company I can think of that I haven't had experience with is Huawei. I've had experiences that ranged from excellent to terrible from all of them (including Dell).

The only posts of yours that I have deleted are the ones where you posted the same exact thing in multiple threads and the ones where you go off topic or personally attack someone. No one here has been paid any money by Dell to do anything, you are not being silenced or whatever. If you were, we wouldn't be having this conversation here.

Vasudev, jclausius, 0lok and 5 others like this.
  5. teslaenergy

teslaenergy Newbie

Reputations:
    I just checked your orders and Dell delivered exactly what you paid for. Dell made the mistake of listing the i7-8700 as a 9th Gen CPU in their website description and you maybe falsely assumed you were getting a 9th Gen CPU based on that typo by Dell. They canceled your order due to the error in their description and rebooked your order for the exact same configuration you paid for, except this time they corrected their typo and properly listed it as 8th Gen i7-8700K.

I also read your chat log with the agent from Dell support. Clearly you KNEW the 8700 CPU only had 6 Cores despite the typo, because even on the 1st order, despite it saying 9th Gen, it STILL properly listed the actual CPU spec as 6-Core, so there's no way possible for you to expect you were getting the 9700K CPU. If you wanted the 9700K you could have selected the upgrade during customization, but you didn't.

It's up to you to return your order or keep it, but Dell delivered EXACTLY what you paid for. You're either dense or being completely disingenuous. To me it sounds to me like you were hoping for a freebie upgrade based on the typo on the canceled order and lost your marbles when the sight of that 8th Gen sticker sent you back to reality.

You original order with the Dell typo.
    [​IMG]

Your rebooked order with the correct gen stated below. Take note BOTH orders have i7-8700 6-Cores listed so you KNEW what you were getting, which is why you were arguing with the Indian support agent about 6-Cores vs 8-Cores.

[​IMG]

Bottom line. Return your unit or keep what you paid and agreed to purchase.

Vasudev, Spartan, MogRules and 3 others like this.
  6. teslaenergy

teslaenergy Newbie

Reputations:
    I checked his orders. Great advice under normal circumstances, but this guy paid for exactly what he ordered. Please see my clarification about the TRUE story of his order.

Spartan likes this.
  7. TheReciever

Reputations:
    The order and chat was shared online?

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The order numbers were visible in the chat picture that was listed. I have since removed the image since I don't know if the OP wants those out there. They both clearly show i7-8700 as the CPU ordered, although one is listed as 9th gen. I do agree that it sounds like the OP was crossing his fingers trying to get a free upgrade and is now blaming Dell.

9. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Top notch detective work here. Kudos!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Spartan likes this.
  10. TheReciever

Reputations:
    I'd rather have the 8700 and swap it for a k model anyways as it seems to be a better fit for the system overall anyways.

That's probably off topic for the subject here though. Sadly people don't really band wagon unless it's completely justified. Something like the flaws in the xps line, while mitigatable, still is a design flaw that's been in that model for a while now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.