Crysis Patch 1.1 install....getting ERROR

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by pyun, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyun

pyun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Error 1334 - The file `_FA617D1CBE254FD8A298D6903419A81A cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file "PCW_CAB_Family1". This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem....

Any ideas? I installed Crysis last week and I've played it a few times already so I don't know what's the problem.

I thought all we had to do to install this update patch was to double click on the setup launcher and just let it do it's thing....:confused:

What am I doing wrong?

thanks for the help guys

brian

2. Gophn

Gophn NBR Resident Assistant

Reputations:
    I had to repair my Crysis and disable any virtual drives (Daemon Tools)... even if you are not even using it.

Then it would let my do a clean update... which does not seem to be worth it from my view... performance did not really increase at all.

3. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    If you modified ANY file, it messes up for some reason.... I actually did a fresh reinstall, and then appiled the patch immediately and it worked, but I had deleted the opening cutscenes and modified some config files, but the patch installer is very picky for some reason. I'd do it again though.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yeah, I modified a cfg file and that balked the install too

5. MegaBUD

MegaBUD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LOL! i had no problem with the.. ahhh forget it i cant say that on this forum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.