crysis 3 beta sli

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by chewbakaats58, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have noticed when only playing Crysis 3 beta, my gpu2 clocks and shader clocks drop quite low..as if they were underclocking. The GPU2 clock will drop down to around 75-125MHz instead of staying at the 725MHz which I have clocked it to.

I don't notice any difference in gameplay or fps drops, but was wondering if anyone had the same thing happen. Don't notice this in any other game. I have this script run on computer startup (thanks to Mr.Fox's guide):

start C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -setShaderClock:0,3,1450 -setMemoryClock:0,3,1500 -setVoltage:0,3,920

start C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -setShaderClock:1,3,1450 -setMemoryClock:1,3,1500 -setVoltage:1,3,920

start C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -setShaderClock:0,2,1450 -setMemoryClock:0,2,1500 -setVoltage:0,2,920

start C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -setShaderClock:1,2,1450 -setMemoryClock:1,2,1500 -setVoltage:1,2,920

Forgot to mention I have the 313.96 beta drivers.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
  3. chewbakaats58

Reputations:
    Thanks Fox! I am now getting the gpu2 clock to stay stable at what it should be..not to mention my fps is doubled now! I must have been seriously handicapped by whatever was going on. What exactly did your profile do to fix the clocking?

4. littleone562

littleone562 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It just fixes the sli bits which are updated by nvidia only to the latest beta/whql driver (whichever is newer), but usually work fine with older driver versions. This enables sli.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it wont work without a profile unless you force it.

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    You're welcome. That profile has quite a few tweaks for other things also, including the new 3DMark and Catzilla. MSI Kombustor will also run with SLI in the first test instead of just one GPU. Unfortunately, I haven't found a fix for Mech Warrior Online yet. It still only uses one GPU.

7. chewbakaats58

Reputations:
    I just noticed another game that is doing the exact same thing - NBA 2k13. Anything that I can do to fix it? I'll just adjust the profile you sent me if need be.

8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I don't play that game, so I don't have a profile for it. But, you can go into NVIDIA Control Panel and you can make your own.
    You will need to do some experimenting to figure out what works the best. Bear in mind that some games are just poorly designed and all the tweaking in the world may not make them work correctly.

Try other settings, such as "High performance" on everything instead of global settings. Once you find something that works best, use the Geforce SLI Profile Tool to export the SLI profile and save the new TXT file. It will include the tweaks I gave you, plus your own customizations.

Be sure you are using "Use the advanced 3D image settings" on the 3D Settings Menu Select NBA 2K13 and try other settings, especially a different SLI mode, such as AFR2. Click "Apply" and see how it runs.
    NVCP01.jpg NVCP02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  9. chewbakaats58

Reputations:
    Will do. Experimenting with this now. Thanks again!