Crypto News

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nick, Aug 5, 2021.

1. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Since you didn't seem to understand my earlier post, let me clarify it: the proposed investments in altcoins and presumably startups are inherently very risky. They could result in a 100x return in a decade or two, but the other result to consider is a significant loss. A common sense advice in such cases is: don't invest unless you can afford to lose all the money. The comparison to lottery was obviously a humorous exaggeration.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
  2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Chinese Company Alibaba Bans Sales of Cryptocurrency Miners Tomshardware | Today

Alibaba says no to cryptocurrency.

The ban becomes effective on October 8, and it's clear that the Chinese government wants to remove any traces of cryptocurrency from the country, even blocking tutorials and other written instructions on how to mine the currency, which is a clear strike to censor any and all information pertaining to cryptocurrencies.

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

its not really news bro crypto is banned in china period.....but the rest of the world is embracing it.....i think its a sham so maybe by that token now its worth buying a few coins

and eternal....that was mean bro.....really hurt my feelings...i doubled my money and if thats crazy i got a whole gang of double your money ideas..if i lost my money i see your point and would have agreed with you but im here to help not hinder

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Spartan@HIDevolution and etern4l like this.
  5. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Better set up the plants in secret?:vbbiggrin:

Canada Mulls $7 Million Fine for Illegal Bitcoin-Mining Power Plant tomshardware.com | Today

Albertan authorities said the plant was operating in secret.

Setting up a Bitcoin mining operation inside a power plant has become something of a trend. In recent months, companies have started mining cryptocurrency in hydroelectric, natural gas, nuclear, and even volcanic power plants. The idea has proven so popular, in fact, that Canadian authorities are reportedly considering a $7.1 million fine for a company that secretly operated a Bitcoin-mining power plant in Alberta.

Spartan@HIDevolution and etern4l like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    US Federal Reverse may shake up financial world with US digital dollar tweaktown.com | Cryptocurrency & Mining | Fri, Oct 8 2021

The United States Federal Reserve has said that it's planning on reviewing the risks/benefits of implementing a US digital currency.

A new report from the Wall Street Journal states that within the coming weeks, or as early as next week, the US Federal Reserve will be revealing detailed plans of a central bank digital currency that very well could shake up the global financial market. Unlike Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, if the Fed decided to release its own digital currency, it would be backed by the US central bank as US paper dollars and coins are...

etern4l and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    The US overtakes China for the first time to become the global crypto mining leader techspot.com

Thanks to China's ban on crypto

China's loss is other countries' gain. The US share of the global BTC hash rash jumped from 17% in April to a world-leading 35.4% share in July. Second-place Kazakhstan went from 8% to 18%, while third-place Russia is on 11% after being at 6.8% three months earlier. Canada is fourth with a 9.6% share, having been on just 3% in April.

"The whole narrative of China controls bitcoin is now completely destroyed," Boaz Sobrado, a London-based fintech data analyst, told CNBC.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Report: China Discovered More Cryptocurrency Miners Stealing Electricity tomshardware.com |today

Illegal cryptocurrency miners were said to be stealing power from public institutions.
    China allegedly discovered a number of cryptocurrency mining operations stealing power from universities, state-owned companies and government agencies.

Bloomberg reported that numerous Chinese media outlets and government organizations described the crackdown on these electricity thieves. Miners in the Jiangsu province were said to have used 260,000-kilowatt hours of electricity each day, for example, even though just one-fifth of the 4,500 IP addresses associated with illicit mining were traced back to public institutions.

10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    jesus/now thats dishonest.....lol kinda funny seeing crypto turning into something more akin too the drug trade

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.