Crucial M4 256GB SSD for $179.99 @ Newegg!!

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by BX_TECH_GOD, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BX_TECH_GOD

BX_TECH_GOD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. pukemon

pukemon are you unplugged?

Reputations:
    saw it. very tempted but been trying to get a samsung 256gb ssd for $200. ugh.

3. BX_TECH_GOD

BX_TECH_GOD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Funny that you say that because that's how much I scored the Sammy in my sig for. I lucked out and got a 20% coupon unexpectedly from newegg earlier last week and paid $199 for it. If I get another promo code I will definitely post it. But if this deal was available at the time I would've saved $20 and got the M4.

4. pukemon

Reputations:
    i missed it. the 256gb was $249 on my cell phone. was going to wait til i got home to get it for $199 with coupon but in that 8 hours they bumped it back to $275. was so pissed. the coupon expires tomorrow but i have little hope they'll shoot the price back down. $220 is still a good price but i am making a stand here. spent too much on other drives to spend too much on this one.

5. bhowanidin

bhowanidin Newbie

Reputations:
    I've seen a number reviews about the unreliablilty of Crucial and a number of others stating the opposite. Opinions/facts anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T989

6. pukemon

Reputations:
    it's mixed. the m4 did have issues which seem to have been resolved. otoh, intels seem to be reliable but i wasted $400 on a 160gb 320 which would not go into standby reliably. i replaced it with a samsung 470 and have had no issues. the prices are ripe for another purchase from me, but since i've wasted so much money i need to hit the magic $200 to replace my 128gb and get what i needed in the first place. the intel is my external virtual box and backup drive. i don't know what i will do with my 128gb 470 yet. might try and recoup some money on the 256gb. if the reviews weren't so solid for the samsung's i would not hesitate to go with the m4. and also, the samsung ssd toolbox just makes the convenience and speed even more worth while.

7. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been running a 128gb M4 in my desktop as my C: drive / boot drive for about 2 months now. Over the course of 2 months it has frozen on me 3 times but I haven't lost anything. These occurred both before and after an update to latest firmware. Simply needed to power the PC off/on and I'm fine. I am in the market for SSD for my soon to arrive laptop and almost pulled the trigger on the 256gb M4, but I decided not to. Going with another brand.

8. TheWiz4413

TheWiz4413 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Amazon today has sale on SSD's.
    Crucial 256 GB M4 $189.99
    Samsung 125 GB 830 $129.99
    Sandisk Extreme 240 GB $216.97

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Sandisk Extreme was $180 last week. I'd pass at the price it's listed for now.

10. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Similarly, the 128GB Samsung hit $90 earlier. The only drive that hasn't had much discount is the 512GB Samsung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.