Creating a home Gym for us!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kojack, Nov 28, 2020.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am in the process of creating a new home gym / workout space. We are using the TRX system, fitness bands and basic kettlebells/medicine balls/dumbells for the weight training. We are picking up a new treadmill for when outside walking and running is not feasable (i.e. Snowstorms), and we are both starting yoga and meditation to relax our minds as well. Don't underestimate the power of self-preservation. It's very important.

We let work, life and everything else take priority over the past few years, now it's time to take OUR lives back. Get fit, feel healthy, eat healthy, live healthy and do things we want instead of slave for what others want us to do (meaning work and boss). I am now working for myself full time, my wife is working from home and has more flexability in her work life so it's going to be a totally different year for us and our family!

Convel, JRE84 and killkenny1 like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    look into self-hypnosis...einstein used it it cant be that bad right

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Cool fact, Enstein had autism. He was awesome.

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah hes pretty awesome and i think my cell thinks so also....without his math we would not have cell phones like we do.

cool fact my dads wife is related to him....pretty wicked awesome if you ask me.

kojack likes this.
  5. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice! Reducing the treshold of actually starting a workout by having equipment at home is a decent investment. Have you decided on a specific treadmill model or are you still shopping around? Also, are you planning on going the data-centric route, tracking your workouts, or do you prefer to be free of such distractions?

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Still shopping around, I think it will be a cheaper model for now, just to get back into it. The craziest treadmill we owned was a bowflex treadclimber. That thing kicked your ass.

Convel likes this.
  7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Us? When do we get to use it? :D

From a man who claims to have a high IQ, awesome is the adjective you came up with to describe Einstein? :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  8. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Whatever gets the job done! Ah, Bowflex. I've heard good things about their BXT216 treadmill, but it's not the cheapest.

If you want precise workout data or wish to try Zwift on a non-smart treadmill, the North Pole Engineering Runn is worth a look. It's currently 20% off if you use the code 'THE5KRUNNER' (no affiliation to me). Alternatively, a footpod can be had for about $20 from eBay. I haven't tried Zwift yet, but intend to do so over the holidays. I do of course prefer running outside, but I hope beinng able to compete can make staring into a wall slightly more motivating.

To each their own though: some get motivated by gadgets and quantified data while others find them a distraction. In the end, it's the results and sense of achievement that matter.

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes, AWESOME. because he was many more things besides a genius. Using the word awesome does not show lack of IQ. However, words like bigly, hamberder and covefefe do.

You don't get anything to use it, you have to pay.

Fishon likes this.
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Errr, mixed you up with someone else here who claims a high intellect. Awesome is an overused word and not descriptive, but I suppose.