Create adhoc network for Nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by napalmb, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napalmb

napalmb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. Using a Mac, it is easy to bridge your ethernet and wireless connections to make an adhoc network which can then be used to connect a Nintendo DS to the net. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this on either XP or Linux. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't played Mario Kart online in months and my skillz are probably trash by now.

2. SchecterRocker

SchecterRocker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am having the same problem. After searching way too long, I discovered that intel decided to disable bridged networking for my "4965AGN" card. How convenient.

Even less comforting, a homebrew application that I have on my DS suggests that the adhoc network I set up on my dell 1720 is incompatible with DS's.

I am going to try setting my wireless card to only run in 802.11b mode, but I'm not expecting anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. SchecterRocker

SchecterRocker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I discovered that the Ad-Hoc networks do not create an "access point", which is required for the Nintendo DS and Wii. The only possible solution is installing a Software Access Point, which I was unable to find on google or anywhere else, disregarding the $149 programs you can buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.