]]>

Create a Slipstreamed XP Disc w/Drivers (for xi/xa series)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by sunjhoon, Mar 19, 2007.

1. sunjhoon

sunjhoon Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    you can add hotfixes etc i believe that wen you do put to insert other driver there is an option to add hotfixes and other things aswell...

as for size well i dont know where my nlite cd of windows xp is but it did fit onto a cd and i did put my other drivers (like ATI, Soundcard etc) they fit but it will tell you how much space it is taking before you make it...it is an iso image so it should compress it slightly i believe

alternatively you could look online...there are guides on making an xp cd using nlite...where ppl have removed some of the unessential software that they wont use that comes with xp when installing it..

i think nlite if you are burning onto cd may do it so that it will ask for the second cd to mount onto aswell...im not sure but i will have a look and get back to u

Sunny

2. Justin Case

Justin Case Newbie

Reputations:
    oh man i am 1 happy dude i found this forum & sticky

I have been trying since tuesday to dual boot my Xi2528..and like the chap qouted above ive been through alot of CDR !

going to try your tutorial as soon as i get home.. will post my results later.. whoohooo !

3. sunjhoon

sunjhoon Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    cool use the second method it will be easier

and also whats the xi 2528 like?

do tell

4. Justin Case

Justin Case Newbie

Reputations:
    ho yus ! ..now dual booting..sweet :)

I followed the second method and it was spot on, then used my vista disk to fix the mbr followed by installing easyBCD to manage the bootloader

its all good *does the happy dance*

The Xi2528 is very nice btw.. good solid physical build..it was an upgrade from a m3438G (which i experienced alot of mobo & gfx problems with) it definately a marked improvement in build quality, i havent really put it through its paces yet as getting XP running on it was a priority..and now its done

Many thanks.. your stars!

OK, i have a small problem

my disk setup is 2 x 250gb sata, originally (out of the box) this was configured as 250Gb Vista partition called C:\ and a 250Gb free partition called E:\

I shrunk C:\ and created another 110Gb partition on this disk called F:\

F:\ is where i installed XP

using easyBCD when i boot to Vista, Vista is called called C:\ and XP is called F:\

..and when i boot to XP, Vista is called C:\ and XP is called E:\

from what i have read i want to set this up so either OS is seen as C:\ when booted

I assume it would do this by default if my vista & XP partitions were C:\ and D:\ respectively

How can i safely go about setting my system up like this ?

is it OK to just change the drive name F:\ to D:\ using vista's disk managment tools then setup EasyBCD to point at D:\ instead of F:\ ?

the XP partition has the OS on only.. no apps

5. jobhim23

jobhim23 Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you so much for the info. a newbie here.

i successfully reformatted and installed xp on my s6311 harddrive using both methods.

6. pdx

pdx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.

I have just run my xi2528 on windows XP and it worx times good than on Vista. All drivers are categorized on http://servbg.com/xi2528/

Currently working with them and all working (except some IR remote functions)

I post it here, because i spent a lot of time trying and trying to run XP on this machine. At last it works and i want to share it with you and maybe spend you time.

Hope there'll be better support from manufacturers on other OSes, not only M$.

7. imrane

imrane Newbie

Reputations:
    Nice work!
    I tried with success your useful method with my Amilo Pro V3205 (1st method)

Thanks a lot!

8. bruno-d

bruno-d Newbie

Reputations:
    Hoi,

I used the second method and the xp install of the fujitsu Siemens worked fine.
    I did put the new drivers in a cd with Windows XP pro witch i use, to repair xp systems.
    Regulary i use also the repair console and i noticed here that after installing the driverpack with second method, the cd will not stop anymore by repairconsole but directly goes to the partitionselection module.

I tryed different things but the repair is not working.

My question is, how can i fix this module so i can use this cd for repairing systems with all features of the original cd (like fixmbr, fixboot, ect.) and also having the new drivers for the Sata-drives.

9. bruno-d

bruno-d Newbie

Reputations:
    Hoi,

I my earlyer post i had the problem with the repairconsole that was disabled.
    The installation of the drivers is build up as an unattended installation and makes that starting up xp wil directly goes to the partitionsetup.
    Repairconsole wil not be activated.

To fix this, you go to the I386-folder and search for the "WINNT.SIF"-file.
    Open the file in notepad and skip the "unattend" part.

[Unattended]
    OemPreinstall=Yes
    DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
    NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
    OemPnpDriversPath="D\M\3;D\M\3B\...etc.
    [GUIRunOnce]
    command9="%SystemDrive%\DPsFnshr.exe"

[GUIRunOnce] and its parameter has to stay in the file.

After deleting the unattend-part, you save the file.
    Then make the image with N-lite en burn it on cd.
    Now the repairconsole wil appear and all drivers wil be loaded to on the notebook.

10. Mr0wyx

Mr0wyx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thx, grat tut!