Craigslist tires?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Shane@DARK., May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    So I bought a 2000 Ford Mustang in perfect mechanical condition, save for a right front tire that happens to have a broken belt. Now, I was just going to replace that one tire, but the tire brand is "Goodride". I looked 'em up, and they seem to have a history of unreliability and recalls. Now, the thing that I don't have much money and can't go blow $400 on four new, quality tires.

So I was wondering - would it be okay if I bought tires off craigslist?

Are there any reasons that I shouldn't, if I found some quality brand name tires with a decent amount of tread left for cheap?

If I shouldn't do this, does anybody else know where a high school kid can get 4 tires for under $100?

2. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'd imagine that if you went to see the tires before buying them to see their condition as well as checking their model #'s to make sure they havent been recalled then it'd be pretty safe I'd say, can't see why you would encounter a problem.

3. d.rivera08

d.rivera08 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see nothing wrong with buying tired off of Craigslist. You're going to be inspecting them personally, so you might want to have a knowledgeable friend/family member come with you. In my area, there are alot of places that sell tires pretty cheap, you just have to do a bit of searching.

haha, your avatar gave me a bit of a scare for a second. :D

4. Shane@DARK.

Shane@DARK. Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah, I found some tires but I had to send an email asking for a brand name - once I get that I'll check 'em out in person.

Thanks for the advice, I figured it would be fine but wasn't sure. I don't know why I doubted myself - I mean, I found the car on craigslist :eek:

Sometimes the truth is frightening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.