1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

CPU Upgrade for Acer Aspire 5720

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sciscio, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sciscio

sciscio Newbie

Hello, does anyone know if Acer Aspire 5720 (302g16) with T7300 CPU, bios 1.45 can support T9600 or X9000 CPU?if not, what's is the "higher" cpu that this laptop can support?..Thanks for reply and sorry for my bad english:(

2. Reaper05

Reaper05 Notebook Evangelist

the highest it supports is the x9000 but you cant use the unlock multipliers so it does you no good. the t9500 is the same as the x9000 but with locked multipliers. the t9300 and t8300 are good alterinatives
    id suggest not upgrading it. and save for a fresh lappy. how much ram is installed? if less than 3 i would upgrade to 4.

3. sciscio

sciscio Newbie

Thanks for you for fast reply and for your suggestions.

4. Timbo_UK

Timbo_UK Newbie

What a find, I have the Aspire 5720 with the T5250 cpu. Is the information also valid? or does this version have a smaller cooler etc?
    Can anyone suggest where in UK I could get a new cpu?
    I have upgraded it to a 320 WD Black 7200rpm drive and have doubled the RAM to 4GB or DDR2-667. CPU is all thats left, just a shame its on board graphics :(

5. alligatorman

alligatorman Notebook Guru

6. naton

naton Notebook Virtuoso

you can also get the T7300 for around £30 to £40, That's $50 to $65.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.