[CPU + GPU Temperatures + Benchmarks] - Gigabyte AERO 15 | 7700HQ | GTX 1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by iunlock, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm here...I've just been really busy with traveling and family. The reviews will be making it online, I promise :) In fact, all the visuals are all complete as I've finished those up on the plane. As for the content it's pretty much done as well....thanks for hanging in there...

Cheers to you all.

2. Dan@Dan

Dan@Dan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Might this poor fellow ask the great lm master when to expect the full review? :notworthy:

agent_pires and Sergio Aero 15 like this.
  3. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I've made an account because I also own an Aero 15 for a week or so and I hope you can help me. I've ran HWMonitor while playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands and my CPU got up to 91 degrees celcius and my GPU got up to 88 degrees celcius. While idle the CPU hangs around 55-60 degrees. I'm pretty worried since the laptop also gets really hot on the outside. I haven't tweaked a thing in terms of CPU and GPU since I got it so it's pretty much "stock" but I'm getting these kind of temps. I'm really unexperienced in everything laptop, but these just seem way too high. Do I have a faulty device? Should I contact GIGABYTE? Or should I do something else? Thanks in advance all!

Hope you can understand my worries after spending over 2k on a laptop...

4. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's your ambient temperature you're operating in? It's usual for the idle temps to go up when its a hot day. Also make sure the bottom of the laptop has plenty of ventilation. 60C does seem a bit high but I've had mid 50C for idle on a hot day.

5. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    It sure is a bit hotter than room temperature, so that could definitely impact it, didn't think about that myself. But it isn't a desert either :p

I don't really mind the temperature of the laptop itself since it's on a desk, so I won't burn myself or anything like that. It's more that I'm afraid I'm close to damaging my device since 90 degrees celcius seems really hot to me. I'm not experienced on PC's or Laptop's so I really don't know if these are worrying temperatures. I have no idea what is normal for the Aero 15 right out the box. So like I said, I paid a lot of money for my laptop and want to use it atleast 4 years before having to buy a new one, and I've read that high temperatures on CPU's could damage the device in the long run; like after 2 years of usage or so.

Thanks!

6. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Make sure if you're gaming or doing anything a bit more intensive than browsing the web (perhaps 2D work) you've got the fan profile set to 'gaming' or 'normal' that should help. The silent profile is ideal for doing light work but as expected the laptop will heat up. Having the bottom with clear ventilation will definitely help with cooling the laptop down. Perhaps you should get a nice little stand to lift the bottom up a bit. Doesn't have to be expensive there's plenty of nice options on amazon (X-Stand) but will do wonders for the temperatures.

7. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    If I'm not mistaken, these temps where when on maximum vents. I'll post some more results later with a "self made" laptop stand. Simply making sure the vents are completely open. Thanks for all the tips so far, I hope this will make a drastic change, i'll keep you updated.

8. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay, tested just now.
    Fairly hot summer day, but nothing extreme.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Gaming mode fans - Bottom cleared (stand)
    CPU average = 90
    CPU max = 93
    CPU min = 89

GPU = 90 entire time

Maximum mode fans - Bottom cleared (stand) = same results as gaming mode

Quiet and normal make the temps go lower, but also automatically make the CPU usage way lower (60fps on gaming/max, 20 fps on quiet/normal)

Core Temps is showing the temps 90 and above in red, which isn't too comforting aswell :p

I'm pretty dissapointed, the tips you gave don't seem to help even the slightest, not saying you're not helping or anything, just dissapointed they don't help me in my case :S

Could this still mean my device is faulty or anything like that? Or is this normal? If I need to let it get replaced it needs to happen ASAP, since I'm going to need it daily in about a month!

9. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Mmm I was running Star Wars Battlefront on Ultra, 144Hz, 1080p. Never got over 90, stayed low mid 80s. I did have the CLU upgrade and I have modest undervolt.

I can't remember, but I think i opened the lid during these sessions, as I run 3 24" monitors.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    GPU @ 90 is awefully high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Meetloaf13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.