[CPU + GPU Temperatures + Benchmarks] - Gigabyte AERO 15 | 7700HQ | GTX 1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by iunlock, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Samsung ssd that came with my Aero 15...

[​IMG]

vinceboiii and scrod like this.
  2. CassHL

CassHL Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi @iunlock , I'm a new owner of an Aero 15 and I've noticed that even after undervolting, the max temps are reaching into the low 80s on both gpu and cpu. Idle temps are pretty good and reach the mid 40s. I am planning on repasting, but I wanted to know if I had to buy any thermal pads and if so, what thickness? I am new to repasting, so I am planning on using Kryonaut or GC Extreme to avoid any issues with LM. Thanks!

3. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You do not want to use both thermal pads and paste, one or the other only. Pads are usually easier to apply, but also generally don't conduct the heat away as well as a good paste application. If you don't mind spending the time, I'd go with paste. Just plan on the possibility to clean and re-apply if you've never done it before.

I've never used the ones you mentioned, but have read good things about both. There are plenty of very good brands. I've had good success with Noctua NT-H1 so I used it again with my last couple rigs. It doesn't seem to be as popular as others, though. I'm sure it's not the most conductive or easiest to apply, but it seemed to be pretty good all around, plus it had some good reviews and was on sale at the time as well.

4. CassHL

CassHL Newbie

Reputations:
    I used NT-H1 for my first pc build, so I know it's pretty long lasting. I wanted to try out the Gelid paste just to see :rolleyes:. As for the pads, I am just not sure if the heat pipes are covering some VRM or something with thermal pads on top of paste on the GPU and CPU.

And by on top of, I mean pads somewhere else and paste on the important bits!

scrod likes this.
  5. Dan@Dan

Dan@Dan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    After reading through this thread a bit, I get the impression that this notebook is THE pick if you want a super portable, stylish gaming power house that is quiet as a good gaming desktop. Curious to read the full review.

scrod likes this.
  6. scrod

Reputations:
    I didn't do my own liquid metal thermal paste, but I did put up some comments and basic benchmarks here- http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/gigabyte-aero-15-review.805885/

7. Dan@Dan

Dan@Dan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link. You seem to perceive it as loud, while iunlock calls it inaudible. Is it the LM that makes the difference?

A little oddball question: the space for m. 2 next to the battery, could a wireless USB adapter for Xbox one controllers fit in there? Would be a cool soldering mod! Don't get it why there aren't any m.2 modules from Microsoft for that.

8. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you're gaming you can expect the laptop to ramp up it's fan as any other machine would. In normal daily use 2D work and the likes or even browsing the net the machine is slient. It seriously is the best of both worlds.

scrod likes this.
  9. scrod

Reputations:
    I did order liquid metal thermal interface, but the retailer did the application. Like agent_pires said, it's quiet for basic stuff like office or surfing or YouTube but the fans are loud when gaming. I can't say if they are as loud as other thin and light gaming rigs, but iunlock, Eason and others may be able to comment on that.

10. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    aww iunlock still haven't updated this post :( still want to see the review so bad! Hope all is well with you @iunlock !

iunlock and Meetloaf13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.