[CPU + GPU Temperatures + Benchmarks] - Gigabyte AERO 15 | 7700HQ | GTX 1060

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by iunlock, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    Would you recommend getting in contact with GIGABYTE?

2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don´t have the aero 15 , so other users should be able to confirm their temps, but the GPU at 90C is way to high for pascal and it is probably throttling hard. I would say yes, seek a replacement, probably something wrong with heatsink or paste job, or both.
    high CPU temps for these thin laptops is normal these days, and usually an undervolt helps, but your GPU seems way too hot. hopefully others can confirm this.

3. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    This sucks so bad, I've got it in the U.S. but live in the Netherlands :S

I always have bad luck when it comes to this stuff, buying expensive tech but there's always something wrong with it. I've contacted the site I've bought it from, I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks a lot for everything <3

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Yeah, my GPU doesn't get over 80 full bore. Might not even get over 70.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah that doesn't seem right mate sorry to hear seems odd. Contact Gigabyte support and say it's idling too high and not sure why.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  6. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    I've ran some more tests today since it is a bit cooler today. The differences where crazy. GPU under 80 and CPU under 80 when on full load. It's still really weird since I really wouldn't say it's WAY colder today or SUPER HOT yesterday. I'm kind of reliefed it's showing some lower temps but I'm still not 100% sure what I should do. For now I'm undervolting the CPU since that was a "regular issue" with Aero 15 according to some websites, hope I can get some good results. I've read a little bit about thermal throttling but I don't really understand it completely so I still don't know if my device is actually "broken" or it was just a hotter day and the temps are around normal.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Ellius

Ellius Newbie

Reputations:
    It also depends a lot on the game. If GRW makes CPU usage very high then the temps go up exponentially because both CPU and GPU share the two heatsinks and you are dumping extra 20-40W in there. I would try to test something that you can compare with others - like Valley/Heaven for some time and see what temps you get. The CPU undervolting should help too. Its easy really.

8. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    90 degrees are totally acceptable and absolutely normal for gaming equipment. CPU and GPU will use the thermal budget as much as they can to provide their turbo modes. Nevertheless is undervolting always a good idea.

9. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    No its not.

FrozenLord, Papusan and Vistar Shook like this.
  10. Rinx7

Rinx7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My Aero hits 90 sometimes, but only after like 6 hours of BF1 maxing the CPU/GPU and even then in most intensive gaming it doesn't go above 85. The thermal throttle never kicks in as far as I can tell thanks to my repaste and undervolting. I get similar temps to iUnlock in normal benchmarking situations too. On a brief aside i7 in my particular Aero is kinda weird. It ran a bit hotter than I would have expected for a 7700HQ stock, but it is able to run a very hefty undervolt without locking up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.