CPU Bottleneck & CPU Cooling Dilemma

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ronferri, Jul 18, 2019.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Then that’s your own problem. When you questioned the validity of lowering settings, I said BFV has a lowest latency preset that does what it says it does and sets all visual settings to lowest, then you went off on some /r/IAmVerySmart mumbo jumbo just to arrive back at square one in the end.

Oh and here’s another gem, one which fits your criteria for being a CPU bottleneck because this is at ultra settings to load up the GPU:

0A86C804-28F0-457B-B143-5BAFE39DD994.jpeg

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Lowest latency doesnt mean lowest settings. As I have said, using the lowest latency preset and afterwards turning future frame rendering on, will dramatically increase the framerate but at the cost of slightly higher input lag. So no that does not mean putting all settings on the lowest possible setting. Lowest possible latency doesnt mean automatically lowest settings for the highest possible framerate.

Again you fail to understand that part.

ALso what does your screenshot tell me? THat you are still fully utilizing your gpu, having a eally nice framerate of almost 120fps in one of the highest end online shooters, your CPU isnt limiting your framerate yet but loaded quite high, showing again that HT is beneficial in this game because it likes to load 8 threads at once. That is what I have said constantly.

Thanks for entertaining me through this boring day of work!

3. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Lowest possible latency does mean lowest settings for highest possible frame rate. It is you who fail to understand that high frame rates even above the refresh rate of your display still reduce input lag.

B5BE5C4A-44D6-4763-B7CC-F2B257EAFAEB.jpeg

80% GPU usage, with nearly 100% CPU usage, on ultra settings, is considered fully utilizing the GPU, and not a CPU bottleneck? Thanks for entertaining me with your laughable interpretations of very simple concepts and backtracking/retconning your previous statements. Good to know that your word is about as flimsy as a piece of paper.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    macmyc likes this.
  4. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I stopped caring about this thread when you said R6 isn't cpu intensive, now i came back to giggle. This world never stops surprising me!

yrekabakery likes this.
  5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Latency is not equal to highest possible framerate. What does that graph have anything to do with it? Future frame rendering affects input latency. Just as Vsync does (even if you vsync at 120hz, vs a steady 120 non synced framerate).

Again learn the friggin' render pipeline theory behind it.

You cant read, you fail to understand, yet you keep rambling on with lack of knowledge and blame me for backtrackign afterwards.

Read and learn https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vte98/future_frame_rendering_an_explanation/

You have a higher framerate with allowiing a slightly higher input latency thanks to future frame rendering. It is not more frame and lower input latency.

Regarding your screenshot. I didnt see the GPU utilization part on the top only saw the fps. thats a slight bottleneck indeed. Well you got that one :D

6. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    You would agree that with FFR unchanged, whether on/off, a higher frame rate has less input lag than a lower frame rate, no? OK good, that’s settled then. If you’ll excuse me, I’ll rejoin the other denizens of this thread in getting a good chuckle at your expense. :biglaugh:

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Read the reddit thread and why that is the case.

Here a video with plain people speak so that you can also understand it

Here a video with the framerate differences.

So no fast framerate doesnt automatically mean lower input latency if the rendering pipeline is changed.

If you can get a higher framerate with future frame rendering turned off by upgrading your system then yeah, you lower input latency just as if you keep it turned on and improve fps by changing your hardware.

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You know that R6 siege had a CPU usage bug right? WIthout the bug in effect than yeah it is not a very CPU heavy title. prove me wrong buddy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=R6+...me..69i57j0.3574j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Too many uninformed people in this thread.

9. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Lol, I love how you seem so dedicated to trying to “educate” me on things I have known for years, why continuously moving your own goalposts to fit the current narrative. But please, do continue.

10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Good excuse yet your posts say otherwise.

My goalposts havent moved an inch.