CPU Bottleneck & CPU Cooling Dilemma

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ronferri, Jul 18, 2019.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    LMAO. OK I don’t care about your other BS, but actually go into BFV right now, max out all the videos settings in both basic and advanced tabs, change the graphical quality preset in the advanced tab to low latency, and tell me again that it only turns FFR off.

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    F*S why is it so hard to understand for you what I am typing, what makes the low latency preset the low latency preset is the future frame rendering part. That is the low latency part of the whole story, the rest is to make the frame rate as high as possible, but it is in fact higher with future frame rendering on in trade of a slightly higher input lag. Capiche?

You really lack the understanding of what each of those presets mean and what place they have in the rendering pipeline. Again you lack in depth knowledge in this field.Yet you have a highly misplaced arrogant tone.

3. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    My knowledge is fine thanks, you’re the one who arrogantly assumes it’s not, as well as having a language barrier.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well English aint my first language but more than sufficient to say the least. But I do speak multiple at least.

But no your knowledge haven't been sufficient in this story. But whatever floats your boat.

Again it would benefit your knowledge to actually try to program some shaders that run on your GPU etc and learn how performance is affected by it, also some basic understanding of a rendering pipeline.

5. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    My knowledge has been more than enough to disprove your BS statements, WRONGeh, as well as the self-evident proof I have posted.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Oh? Where is the proof that the low latency preset is more than just the future frame setting being the low latency part of it?

Where is the proof that a 6700hq is not sufficient in either bf1 and R6 siege with normal gpu load to run the game with any gpu within the range from a geforce 980m to a 1080gtx?

You only posted 2 videos of which 1 has shown 100% cpu load. And that cpu load is caused because your gpu isnt being utilized.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  7. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    I literally gave you instructions for how you can prove to yourself that low latency preset changes not only FFR but also a host of other settings, WRONGeh. English comprehension is hard.

Why don’t you post the proof that a 6700HQ is sufficient to properly drive a 120Hz display in 64p BF1? If such proof even exists. I don’t care about the ungame that is R6S.

Both videos show a CPU bottleneck in BF1, but the i7-8750H’s total utilization is lower due to Hyper-Threading and a RAM bottleneck. It’s funny that you still think high CPU load is caused by low GPU usage, instead of being related to, you know, frame rate? Here’s an example from another video I made, at ultra settings, showing both full CPU load and full GPU load:

593C45C8-93E5-4B4C-9A00-01538EB4255B.jpeg

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So petty to make plays on nicknames haha.

Again how does your suggestion to change the preset prove that all settings are benefiting the low latency part? That not proving anything, maybe in that tiny world of yours. But people that know how rendering pipelines work, know that it is the future frame rendering part that lowers the latency, the rest improves the framerate.

I would happily record gameplay for you myself to show that the 6700HQ/7700HQ isnt being CPU bottlenecked, But then you have to wait till next week Monday after I have flown back so I can record it on my old Alienware.

All videos that I see on youtube are on max settings and the 1070 isnt sufficient enough to render the game at ultra settings @ 100+ fps.So for you, I will go out of my way to install BF1 on my old laptop and do a test run.

Regarding the lower usage part of the six core, that is what I said the whole time. BF1 and BFV benefit from HT. Both on the 4 cores and on the 6 cores. To prove my point even more I stated that my 5ghz i5 quad core with such a massive more amount of clockspeed couldnt even surpass a locked 6700/7700HQ laptop simply because the i7 had HT. After I said that my RB15 2019 which can run with both HT on and off also show an FPS difference.

9. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Too funny. Idk how else to explain this to that obviously big brain of yours. Low latency is a preset, correct? That means it changes multiple settings at the same time, correct? For someone who throws around five-dollar words such as “how rendering pipelines work” in an attempt to sound smart, you sure have trouble understanding even basic explanations.

So test using High instead of Ultra then, or a lower resolution scale, if your GTX 1070 becomes the bottleneck for 120Hz before the 6700HQ does. And don’t pull some slick stuff on me and bench the singleplayer or something lmao. Actually do a proper 64p multiplayer test on a CPU-intensive map like Amiens.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thats not what I wrote. the preset is to ensure the highest framerate at the lowest input/lowest latency as possible.

The low latency aspect in the equation is the future frame rendering option, the rest is to boost the framerate as much as possible.

Thats why I said to record gameplay myself, because the only videos that I can find are in singleplayer and I have no idea how much the fairly low AI affects CPU performance in a positive of negative way (never even tried SP in BF1).