Could you help me out again pls?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by budo, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budo

budo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi again told my girlfriend i would find here the best deal on a laptop for <£400 but proving trickier than i thought. Thought there might be a good deal due to January sales but they don't seem too much cheaper than the normal price. Had a look around and the best i can find is:

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=424552

which i am quite pleased with but just wondering if you know of any better alternatives. Ideally she would love the above one but with built in webcam and card reader...

She doesn't need a great graphics card, main specifics are 160 gb, 2GB, card reader, webcam, decent processor, wireless etc

Any ideas? or should i get the above while i can.

Thanks in advance :)

Budo

2. penguin111555

penguin111555 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. budo

budo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats funny just came across those ebuyer ones just then, they are not bad. I think she would accept 120gb hardrive if it had good other specs but not 80gb. Ideally she wants 120gb/160gb. I have no experience of ebuyer, does anyone here? Im sure they are ok though. Anyone else know of a better deal than my Comet one?

Thanks guys

4. schutz

schutz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ive been after one for under 550 that has an ok setup with the ability to play games and just saw a link posted on hotukdeals where they say in somerfield they have a medion pc with 1.5ghz core 2 duo, 2gb ram, 250gb hardrive and an 8600gs graphics card for £399, its a 15 inch screen, has tv tuner, 1.3mp camera etc so im going to go see if they got them in the local one, worth a look as for the price it is unbeatable.

5. budo

budo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    sounds good pc or notebook though? Most of the <400 laptops are not suitable for gaming you do really need to spend 500> for decent gaming laptop with good graphics card etc. For my girlfriend though she isn't to bothered about gaming, just a good media centre and capable for photoshop and designing etc. Sticking to £400 budget.

Thanks for fast replys guys, great site!

Any other better laptop alternatives to my http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=424552 one??

thanks

6. schutz

Reputations:
    Its a lappy, for the same price you could get a kick ass desktop ;) but us people after notebooks on a budget have to settle for less. Heres a link with a review and the exact specs http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1345 so if it is £399 in sainsburys its a bloody great deal and from what i read it can play modern-ish games at low-medium detail which id be happy with as for that price you cant expect something amazing :)

7. penguin111555

Reputations:
  8. schutz

Reputations:
  9. budo

budo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah thought you meant laptop just read the pc bit in description that for 399 is definately worth looking into, just having a read of it now might check it out tom,

thanks, keep em coming

10. penguin111555

Reputations:
    ok, its just when i was in there today (and obviously took a keen interest in that department) they had those for £600, and the pentium duals for £399.

although cornwall is infamous for having all the deals later than everywhere else (if at all!)

good luck to you anyway

----------------
    Now playing: Dream Theater - Sacrificed Sons
    via FoxyTunes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.