Cooling pad for Samsung Series 7 Chronos?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jhl1989, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thtvn

thtvn Newbie

Reputations:
    hi, thanks for your advice. I gonna buy the CM U2 when receive the S7 next week.
    Btw, where you intend to put the fans? Both are at the center vent on the bottom?

2. jhl1989

jhl1989 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One at where the RAM vents are and one on the front left for the vent thats on the left od the laptop. But I might buy another one, because their cheap, just to get more fans.:D

3. hd.ticket

hd.ticket Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just bought a Series 7 and am yet to receive it. I am not a very picky user, nor am I a hardcore gamer or anything like that.

Would I still be needing a cooling pad ? Does it get heated up in general or only when performing high cpu /graphics tasks ?

4. jhl1989

jhl1989 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No it doesn't get that hot at all but I always like more protection and a pad so I dont block the vents when I have my laptop sitting on my lap or on my bed.

5. fatalwound03

fatalwound03 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had the cooling pad you're talking about. It doesn't do a very good job to help it significantly, maybe 1 or 2 degrees. I also have the Samsung 7 Chronos and do not recommend that laptop cooler. The fan speed is not controllable plus you cannot put the fans low enough to cover the bottom hole. Since the breathing space is limited on the bottom, it's hard to find an appropriate cooling pad for this laptop (short of just removing the bottom case and using a fan there). I was looking into another cooler that claims to drop it almost 10 degrees and has fan speed control separately.

Zalman ZM-NC2000 Ultra Quiet Notebook Cooler - Silver at TigerDirect.com

this one is reportedly better than the one previously stated, from experience

6. Ephelant

Ephelant Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you end up getting this cooler? If so, how does it perform with the Chronos? The reviews are very good in general.

7. Magorei

Magorei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! I've recently bought Samsung Series 7 NP700Z5A-S0AUS and as I usually do, i've installed Real Temp to check for temperatures. I'm experiencing some overheating issues when playing games and high def videos. My temperature readings when gaming are between 60 C to 80C or 149F to 176F. Is there anyone getting those high temps? Even here at Brazil's hot climate this is very high readings. One of the reasons is clear , I like using the notebook in bed, but I care for the vents locations. The last post here is from april, is there any progresses on this matter? Do you still recomend Zalman ZM-NC2000? Cause this product is out of stock at Tigerdirect. Is there any factory software for temperature monitoring? Speed Fan Software could not read the vent speeds...and Real Temp will sometimes reads the GPU temps and sometimes won't.I think it's because of the double GPU system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.