Consistent error: "pmemnt.sys failed to load"

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by swsnyder24, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swsnyder24

swsnyder24 Newbie

Reputations:
    On my G73Jh, running Win7/SP1 x64, I get 2 copies of this error logged on each boot:

Application popup: : \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\pmemnt.sys failed to load

I'm running the v213 BIOS, the current revisions of all relevant G73Jh device drivers, and am current on Microsoft's fixes.

I don't get an on-screen notification, but it bugs me that this error (it is logged as an Error, not a Warning or Notification) is seen by the system. It tells me that something is mis-configured or incompatible, but gives no clue as to what it might be.

Is anyone else seeing this? Or know how to diagnose the reported problem?

Thanks.

2. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries http://chromebookbuyer.com Super Moderator

Reputations:
    From what I can tell this is a compatibility memory driver for really old 32 bit stuff, it shouldn't be of major concern, but there's a possible fix here: PMEM Service Failure

If that doesn't fix it, do a disk check and system file integrity check (sfc /scannow)