Compaq Presario C700 Upgrades And Facts!

Discussion in 'HP' started by drmega0226, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks but when it comes to gaming it sucks but with a few tweaks itll be a semi beast :D.
    has anyone tried using different keyboard on their laptop ? because i was thinking ofreplacing this c762nr keyboard into dv3500 keyboard will that work ? provided that it has the same connector.

Attached Files:

2. orestian

orestian Newbie

Reputations:
    In that case try reading that

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/418851-diy-egpu-experiences.html

Why you want to replace the keyboard? There is not much difference

3. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    ohhh im so gonna try that thanks a bunch for the link but downside is your gonna sacrifice your wifi card just for it but oh well it worth the fps i can use a usb wifi thingy anyway.

because i want to have a backlit keyboard so if it will work then i will just have to solder it to a usb port to power the backlit.

4. orestian

orestian Newbie

Reputations:
    Hope you get things shorted... Let me know about your progress, on both eGPU and keyboard

5. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry.
    ill be sure to update you guys.i dont have spare keyboard here to test btw i need to ebay first :/

6. orestian

orestian Newbie

Reputations:
  7. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    i need to compare the connection if this one will fit before i try buying it , help will be gladly appreciate.
    the second one it use to power the backlit unfornately there is no connector on this board or model but i can solder it to a nearby usb port just like the guide here http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/465841-ul30-backlit-keyboard-mod.html

8. dotcolin

dotcolin Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know If I upgrade to windows 7 64 bit version, can I then upgrade my Ram to 4gb? I read that on 32 bit windows only 2 or 3gb can be recognized - is that a limitation of the OS or the motherboard?

Thanks!

9. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    hi dotclin
    if you're using a gl960 chipset, it dosent work, whatever you do it will still bsod. but ive heard using a single 4gb module does the fix. yes its a limitation google 32bit if u want to learn more. oh and the gl960 chipset it has a max of 2gb but unofficial 3gb if u put 2gb and 1gb combo.

10. ksmr90

ksmr90 Newbie

Reputations:
    i've compaq c770tu laptop with intel t2370 processor, the project i'm going to work on requires VT (virtualization support).
    to which processor should i upgrade to?, do i have to replace the motherboard too? how much is it going to cost me?
    kindly help me out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.