Compaq Presario C700 Upgrades And Facts!

Discussion in 'HP' started by drmega0226, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzai

garbonzai Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi macEo, is a GL960, as for the CPU, Win7 updated CPU driver straight away, as for the temps they are very low, the air never feels very warm from fan vent and system is stable so is ok.
    Here's some CPU-Z screen prints.
    When I first put the cpu in, I reset the bios to see if it would make temps register correctly (it didn't) but with the reset, the system would not start and said there was incorrect hardware in the machine??, so I booted off win7 disk and let it repair and all has been ok since.

Cheers

Attached Files:

• CPU.JPG
      CPU.JPG
      File size:
      52.8 KB
      Views:
    • MB.JPG
      MB.JPG
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
  2. macEo

macEo Newbie

Reputations:
    Many thanks garbonzai for the reply.

3. sitemaster2k

sitemaster2k Newbie

Reputations:
  4. nothin

nothin Newbie

Reputations:
    @garbonzai,

Did you get the temps to work? I upgraded my c714nr from T2310 to T4300. It works but with 2 problems 1) mainboard and core temps are stuck at 27C and 40C respectively and 2)Speedstep is not working - cpu speed is always 2.1GHz unlike with the T2310 where it varies depending on load.

Would appreciate it if you or anyone can help me.

5. bassius

bassius Newbie

Reputations:
    just saw this thread about upgrades for the c700.
    I have this presario c712nr and I really wanted to upgrade it a bit. maybe get a different merom processor and a mobile GPU. here's the problem though:

aida64 shows a north bridge stating gl960 when I go to Motherboard -> Chipset -> North Bridge, but when I go to Display -> GPU -> Video Adapter, it says Intel GL960/GM965. now I dont know which chipset exactly do I have and whether it has support for a pci-e gpu. any one has any idea?
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.

6. drloakes

drloakes Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Just for comparison, I have two C700's ( C773ea & C742em ) and have tried various CPU's in both machines and never had a boot problem.. Currently running a T8300 but have also had T7250, T5250 & T2330. As for ram combinations im currently running 2 x 2GB PC2-5300 ( 666Mhz ) running Win7 64bit and have tried Win7 32bit and WinXP without problems apart from not getting all the 4GB usable but that a windows problem not a motherboard issue. With a 500GB sata2 hdd installed i get a nice 6.0 / 6.0 / 3.5 / 3.1 / 5.9 for the WEI. Bios wise i have just installed F.35 but ran F.34 for about a year without any boot or bluwscreen issues.

Hope this info is useful to someone.

Cheers

7. dub2k8

dub2k8 Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried the Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300 on my C700 CTO but it didn't work. I flashed the Bio to F.35 and got the 3GB running without a problem on win32 though.

Anyone else have any success upgrading the processor on a CTO version? If so, what are you using?

8. orestian

orestian Newbie

Reputations:

I did the same with t8100 (replaced t2410) and the bios upgrade to F.35. I run windows 7 64bit with 3GB of ram. Checked with 4GB from my Acer laptop and it works fine too. I had 4 BSOD in 4 months, but who cares...

Also I checked temperatures with HWMonitor but it does not seem to show the correcrt ones, though mmy laptop runs cool.

9. jeremy3d

jeremy3d Newbie

Reputations:
    hi
    ive installed the c2d t9500 SLAYX on c762nr with 3gb (1gb from 1st slot and 2gb from outer slot) and bios f.35 and it worked flawless stable i say.
    but only bugging me is this temperature sensor i dunno if they detect it well.
    i am gonna post some screenies of it when this power switch gets fixed cause i just got borked mine :).

10. orestian

orestian Newbie

Reputations:
    Good work my friend!!! Seems that you have a killer laptop now. Mine has the T8100 and 3GB of RAM and it never hangs (although I have the save temp issue).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.