Compaq Presario C700 Upgrades And Facts!

Discussion in 'HP' started by drmega0226, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btld_ls1

btld_ls1 Newbie

Reputations:
    upgraded from 2GB to 3GB ram with no issues

2. yensed

yensed Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My C700(p/n GY394AV) currently has a
    "Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor T2370 - 1.73GHz (Merom, 533MHz front side bus, 1024MB Level-2 cache per core, 65 nm process technology)

Would it be possible and even worth it to replace it with a
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5500 - 1.83GHz (Merom, 667MHz front side bus, 2MB total Level-2 cache, 65 nm process technology)?

Thanks a lot for any help. I love this place.

3. yensed

yensed Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone? I have a broken DV9000 I took apart and have "upgraded" some of my C700's components. The Intel Wireless-N Wifi card works great and has way better range even though the C700 only has 2 antenna's.

I Went from 2GB of ram to 3GB.

I even replaced the horrible optical drive which came with my C700 with the bluray drive out of the DV9000.

4. Boneskid

Boneskid Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a c700 (717nr) I have installed a t7300 with no problems, added an internal webcam(waiting on the lcd ribbon for actual confirmation it is working) will advise the part number etc. upon completion, i also have 2gb(1gb x 2) mem. My last and final problem is installing a 2gb mem mod(for a total of 3gb).....WHY WILL MY BOARD NOT ACCEPT IT. I upgraded to an f.34 bios (no probs) and still no go on the ram, but as soon as i go back to 2gb total, it works. I have tried both slots and still no go. please help me.....

T7300
    250 Gb Hd
    2gb memory
    Internal webcam(hopefully)

5. Anker A

Anker A Newbie

Reputations:
    I need some driver info if available. I have a Compag Presario 715CA. The hard drive died, the computor didn't even recognize there was a hard drive installed. I installed a new hard drive but with a Win 2000 operating system. The problem is the S3 Twister-K. Graphic Driver that is needed for my Video does not work on Windows 2000 but only on WinXP. I have not been able to find a driver for my video that will work on win 2000. Does anyone know of one that will work? I may be strange but I like Win2000 more than XP.

6. paui

paui Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a Disassembly guide for the C700?

7. Rohan10

Rohan10 Newbie

Reputations:
    The service manual is easily findable on Google...

I've got a CPU upgrade question. My C700 came with the T2310 Core Duo processor. I just tried dropping in a T8100 Core 2 Duo processor I had handy, which I figured should work because according to the specs, some C700's came with these. However, the laptop wouldn't turn on with this processor installed. I switched back to the T2310 and everything was fine. Did I miss something obvious - like needing to change jumpers or something?

Any help greatly appreciated!

8. m5james

m5james Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. l0new0lf

l0new0lf Newbie

Reputations:
    I'd love to know as well. Just picked up a T6600 cheap on fleabay. The last c700 bios came out 09/25/08 and the t6600 was released in Jan '09 so I'm hoping HP did their homework but if not I'll give it a go in the wife's cq50. I'll give an update and let you know how it went in a week or so or whenever it gets here.

10. l0new0lf

l0new0lf Newbie

Reputations:
    Just installed the T6600 and it was recognized correctly and works flawlessly using F.34 bios. Temps and battery life are both dramatically improved as expected. This scored a 5.7 in the wei while the T7500 which I had had in here, only pulled a 5.5. Guess the T6600s sse 4.1 trump the t7500s extra 2mb L2.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.