Compact SUV/Crossover suggestions?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by David, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That works. The only two I've had experienced with is the Q5 and the GLK 350, both of which boils down to if one prefers the driving characteristics (Q5), or absolute refinement (GLK 350).

2. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All of the references vehicles belonged to premium brands, so I assumed that the OP wasn't considering mainstream crossovers. It's a huge, ill-defined segment.

3. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Ya, sorry for any confusion caused. Not that I'm discriminating against mainstream vehicle brands (I've owned a Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camry when I was in college and grad school), but I would prefer something slightly nicer. Nothing too extravagant nor too economic. Somewhere between $40-50k would be ideal.

Seeing how the Forester was mentioned multiple times on this thread by different people, I was curious to see it first hand. But again, the aesthetics and materials used in the interior is a real turn-off.

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to do more test driving. Next on the list would be the X3, Q5 and GLK 350

4. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any reason you're not looking at the Lexus RX series?

5. David

Reputations:
    Pretty much all my relatives have a Lexus that they constantly boast about. That reason by itself has already dissuaded me from getting a Lexus. In addition, when I was looking for a new coupe/hatchback last year, I test drove the CT200h out of curiosity and that left a very sour feeling. The salesman kept saying "See how powerful this car is in sport-mode?" and was acting like the awesome acceleration was pushing him back against his seat like a fighter jet. The CT200h does 0-60 in 10.4 seconds.

I'm not doubting the RX is a good SUV, but I'd like to stay away from Lexus for now :p

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    No love for the Infiniti EX35?

7. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I love Infiniti's, but the EX35 is kinda strange looking. I guess it could be an acquired taste, seeing how I used to think the Leaf and Juke look terrible, but now I kinda appreciate the design.

8. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Argh...don't buy the RX...you'll be bored to death.

I think there's a new FWD/AWD Infiniti coming out, basically a Murano.

9. David

Reputations:
    Will know once I test drive it :)

Though I have to mention that I really like the Infinit FX from a passenger stand point. We rented 5 FX's for a geologic expedition out in CA and AZ a few years back and those SUVs had seats made of clouds, kisses and hugs. It was one of the best car seats I've ever been in.

10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The 2013 JX. Some of the chassis is similar to the Murano (as it uses the Altima's D platform), but the JX is 7-passenger. More like an Acura MDX or Buick Enclave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.