Comodo vs Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by nu_D, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanage

Sanage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Comodo is a very good firewall.
    But I have eset smart security on my PC, it works as anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware and firewall.

2. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    looks like I'm going to try it as well.

for the time being, I've used AVG, ZoneAlarm, and currently Avira + Windows Firewall, but I'm tired of the ads that pop up from Avira lately, and frankly I never liked anything windows provided.

so where to download the version with the anti-virus included ?

3. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I was under the impression that ESET firewall that comes with smart security was not exactly... good.

Speaking of firewalls... in relation to the thread topic, I would have to say that between Comodo and Windows firewall, both are pretty much equals in terms of protection, whereas Comodo might offer more control (though Windows Firewall seems to be able to block outgoing/incoming connections as well - at least in terms of programs).

For that matter, I would venture on to say, if you have a hardware firewall activated (the one located in a router such as ADSL), then you should be fine... and I personally see no need in installing extra programs that basically offer the same thing on top of the existing one that comes with the OS (unless the OS one is inadequate, but I think Windows 7 firewall is really one of the best you can get already integrated).

4. Baserk

Baserk Notebook user

Reputations:
    ^To be honest, ESET is doing pretty well in a test like on-going 'real-world' AV-Comparatives 'Whole Product Dynamic Test'; link .

Comodo with Defense+ and the 'sandbox' option, offers a different set of security layers than Win7 FW imo.
    Whether it's needed/desirable behind a NAT is a different question but a HIPS and sandboxing is separate from setting up FW rules.

5. gonwk

gonwk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Avira does Not like Comodo Firewall's Defense+ ... it throws a fit ... so I disabled the Defense+.

Q: I wonder if that is a Smart move though!?!?

G!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.