Comodo vs Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by nu_D, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcgamer08

pcgamer08 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is Comodo Firewall easy to uninstall?

I used Comodo a few years and it was a pain to remove at that time. Even after uninstalling, it didn't remove completely and still blocked applications.

Its been some time now though so I'd like to try it again and see whats it like now but I'd rather not go through the same difficulties in removing it like last time if I don't prefer it.

2. misterhobbs

misterhobbs Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just installed it to try it out and had no issues uninstalling it.

3. Bullit

Bullit Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't use Comodo Firewall, i use Comodo Internet Security Premium Free - don't know if it is still free- it came with anti-virus too. It currently eats with cfp and command agent 4mb each but it varies with use.
    It has been good in my opinion.

4. pcgamer08

pcgamer08 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for going through that. I've decided to try out Online Armor instead and its turned out to be very good. I decided against Comodo for the time being as in both Comodo and Avast forums its been said there is problem between the firewall and Avast Web Shield.

5. Nahrai

Nahrai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,
    I am thinking about giving a shot to Comodo, since i heard lots of good things about it, but there is one thing bugging me. At this moment i have Zone alarm free firewall and i have one problem. I am using external wifi usb with antenna to connect to quite far internet spot. Now the problem is whenever i have ZA on i am losing internet connection for few seconds(which usually means disconnect from internet comunicators, streams, games), but when i turn ZA off problem disappear. I don't know what might be the problem, but just wondering if you might know if i will have similar issue using Comodo. Well it's unlikely that someone will know it, but i take a chance :p

6. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No delete? .. I already answered.

7. ikovac

ikovac Cooler and faster... NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Never liked ZA - too many popups and warnings and whoknowswhat. Windows firewall was always enough for me. But the ONLY firewall besides WF I liked was Comodo firewall. I suspected once that it was having issues with proxies I was using, but after some update it works well in all scenarios. I would install it and check for the issue you are describing.

8. Sanage

Sanage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

But if you install Microsoft Security Essential, I think you do not need to turn on the windows defender. MSE does the same job as defender but more so it turns defender off. There is NO need for defender when MSE is installed

Defender is a cut down application that protects against some adwares & spyware but not viruses or most trojans. . MSE is a full fledged anti-virus program that is designed to protect you against everything.

Comodo firewall is quite good.

9. ikovac

ikovac Cooler and faster... NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Windows defender is turned off when MSE or Comodo is installed. But not with some other popular antimalware though.

10. joeyboy

joeyboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love comodo always used it never had any problem's when uninstalling I use Comodo Internet Security Premium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.