Comodo Firewall-now available for Vista

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by blackmamba, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gintoki

Gintoki Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've given up on comodo because of hearing about all of the problems people had been having. I don't care if they fix this or that, unless people stop complaining about problems i won't try it.

2. blackmamba

blackmamba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^LOL.

I've re-d/led Comodo after a fresh-re-install. So far, no problems whatsoever.

3. SillyMan

SillyMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My comodo has ran quiet and flawless since the link was posted in this thread I was just hoping it was causing my update issues. Good to hear though Blackmamba.

4. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    No problems from my end either since I installed the latest version. Fewer popups than previously.

5. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Sweet, I was wondering when this version would be released for the masses! Will try and install tonight.

6. theZoid

theZoid Notebook Savant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if Defense+ still messes with your file permissions? I installed firewall only during the last big fiasco and sure as sh$t, defense plus turned it self on and wreaked havoc....I'd like to try it again if I could be sure it would leave my file persmissions alone.

7. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

Reputations:
    Comodo has released an update to the version 3 firewall (version 3.0.15.277).

This update is important for users of vista because apparently the previous build (.276) was causing the latest windows vista updates(January) to fail. The work around before was to uninstall comodo then install the updates and then re-install comodo, disabling it did not work. However this new build does away with the need to do that; after updating to this latest build all of the January updates installed without any problems.

All of this time I thought it was something wrong with my windows installation :( when it was just comodo.

8. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Evolution I saw a previous thread about people having problems with the latest MS Update but none mentioned having CFP. So, it could MS and/or CFP alone or together.

I still use AOL software, from time to time, and removed the AOL rules to start over but found I couldn't get online even though FF and IE worked fine. I uninstalled CFP and will be monitoring my system for a few days before I reinstall.

One or two more builds and CFP should be rock solid.

9. SillyMan

SillyMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am one that has had a thread or 2 open about this exact problem. I believe
    I did mention in my posts about commodo, spy-bot and avast installs. I also remember specifically asking if these things could cause the problem but understandably no one knew of this until now. I was failing 33 updates everytime and taking 20 minutes to shutdown due to configuring updates. Finally I just deleted the failed updates and shut off auto updater so I could still use the computer. Anyway I'll give this a try this week and see if it helps me out then I'll try to find my thread and update the fix for those searching. THANKS EVOLUTION/HIKER!!! Hope it works.
    link to my thread.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=196050&page=3

10. Fade To Black

Fade To Black The Bad Ass

Reputations:
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the right area?