Comodo Firewall-now available for Vista

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by blackmamba, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
  2. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    ... and it is 1/3 of the size of the previous version 3 (ca 10MB vs 33MB)

cheers ...

3. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They were worried it would be picked up by download sites. You want to make sure if it informs you of a update NOT to install. It will revert you back to v3.13 because that's the official public release (with bugs for many including myself). Although I've failed to get one update notice, most have either checked or unchecked in settings.

4. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's what it says during installation, however add/remove has it at 16.24MB. :confused:

I guess I should mention it on the Comodo forum.

5. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    it stated correctly 3.0.14.273
    . when 1st running it, after download (9.6+MB), it would remove the current installed version
    . reboot
    . run the installer again
    . reboot
    . it went thru the learning/setup anew

cheers ...

6. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    good eyes! weird is it not?

cheers ...

7. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Some guy on the Comodo forum said it was probably compressed files.

8. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    New announcement. Get it while it's hot! :D

Hi Guys,

We would like to announce the availability of COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276.

What is New ?

FIXED! VPN Clients can now connect to VPN servers while CFP is installed
    FIXED! cmdagent.exe no longer consumes 100% CPU64 Mb RAM
    FIXED! System reboot no longer takes too long when CFP is installed with some other security software, e.g. avast!
    FIXED! CFP can now find the application behind a connection (for example Kaspersky web scanner)
    FIXED! "System Idle Process" is now changed to "Windows Operating System" to describe application less traffic (So no more "System Idle Process" in CFP)
    FIXED! Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): CFP is now compatible with ICS servers (users will be required to answer some popup alerts)
    FIXED! System performance has been improved
    FIXED! Defense+ no longer allows some applications to modify a protected file if it is not allowed
    FIXED! Eliminated 8.3 path conversion and its associated duplicate entries/not remembering my answer problems (e.g. for BOClean or AVG)
    FIXED! If CFP.exe is active, trying to rerun cfp.exe will activate the currently active CFP.exe instance now
    FIXED! Accidental BLOCK/ALLOW for image execution popups are NOT remembered through out the application life time anymore (This means if an application is blocked/allowed from being executed without remembering, it will be asked again).
    FIXED! Default global rules for NON-P2P mode has now been changed to allow various incoming ICMP messages that affects windows updates and trace routing applications

FIXED! New application signature database has been introduced; the size and format has been significantly changed to prevent false alerts from some AV programs
    FIXED! Crashes while opening help file from the GUI links have been eliminated
    FIXED! Crashes related to password protection dialog have also been eliminated

Download locations:

Windows XP or later(32 Bit)
    http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Windows XP or later(64 Bit)
    http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Upgrade instructions:

Due to the nature of this update, users of the 3.0.13.268 and 3.0.12.266 must manually download the following patches and update their copies.

Patch for Windows XP or later(32 Bit)
    http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/Patches/CFP_Patch_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Patch for Windows XP or later(64 Bit)
    http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/Patches/CFP_Patch_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64.exe

Regards,

Egemen

More on the Comodo site...

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  9. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    An interesting note. When I click on the Comodo website link it opens in Firefox on an IE tab.

I like that...

10. SillyMan

SillyMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's the word on Comodo? I installed it and a couple other things, spybot-avast-ccleaner and now all vista updates fail when trying to configure. Anyone had this problem after installing the buggy comodo? Not sure if they could be related?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.