Comodo Firewall-now available for Vista

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by blackmamba, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In case anyone is wondering, here's some of the fixes for those that had problems.

2. ogun

ogun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Difference is Comodo is a WINALL app. The free OA version is XP only. The full version is billable.

3. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The performance is improved only slightly!? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and see how this version turns out. :)

4. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here we go again. I downloaded the new version and everything seems to be working fine.

5. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Actually, I found out during installation of the updated V3, that "basic" lowers defense checking in the image execution control settings. I originally thought it only installed the firewall, without D+. It's still active.

That said, with the exception of a few minor glitches, plus my own learning process, the "fixed" version is working awesomely. It's been two days now and I seldom get a pop up.

I don't believe the release I'm using now will cause serious crashes as AKAJohnDoe and I experienced with the 1st v3 release.

What few minor problems remain that some are having should be fixed in the next week or two.

6. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's good to hear Hiker! I'll probably switch back when it's released to everyone

7. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Rumor has it, it will be next week.

8. tebore

tebore Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmm that's interesting. When I tried Basic, both were installed. But D+ was disabled in that the module didn't load. CFP showed a smaller memory footprint with it disabled. Oh well. Hopefully all the issued get worked out.

9. Nebelwand

Nebelwand Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How much of the "anti-PEBKAC" feature set can be turned off in this program?

I guess I'm looking for something similar to the slightly ancient Tiny/Kerio Personal Firewall version 2.x, which allowed me to define a very specific, ordered ruleset with a "block everything" rule at the end (hits on this would be logged) and be done with it. I don't need/want learning modes with annoying popups, included anti-virus/-spyware/-spam/-xyz, intrusion detection and everything else that's being botched into general-purpose "security suites" these days.

Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

10. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can make your own rule changes and disable the pop ups in Defense +, which monitors memory, and can also be disabled. Right now the version I have (3.14. xxx) is open to any one that registers on the Comodo forum. However, there will be another build out next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.