Coming soon - Y470P!

Discussion in 'Yoga, IdeaPad & Essential' started by Ellatan, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrian420

jbrian420 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Listed at $799 available 2/5 I think it said on their website.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Ellatan

Ellatan Old Timer

Reputations:
    Awesome news, the new coupons are out. $779 with Barnes and Nobles discount.

3. GregPf

GregPf Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just ordered one. Ship date 3/12. :-(

I'll seriously try to remember to post my experience here or over in the owner's forum after it arrives.

4. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter - Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It says on the site now "Estimated ship date: 2/10/12**", did you get that ship date sent via email and did you see this same 2/10 during checkout? That's an incredibly long time to wait. Daffodils will be pushing up by then.

5. Ellatan

Ellatan Old Timer

Reputations:
    **Ship date: An estimated ship date will be posted on our order status site after your order is placed. The date reflected above does not determine when your order will ship since inventory status may change before your order is final and because items may be held until all products on the order are ready to ship. To obtain the latest information about the availability of a specific part number, please call the phone number listed in the masthead at the top of this page. A flat charge for shipping & handling may apply for certain orders, as indicated on the Checkout page.

6. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter - Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I read that and refused to believe Lenovo would bait an order with a date 2 weeks out and then after you order actually show you a date that's 7 weeks out. Inventory may change before your order is final, lol, let's see how long it takes them to update that 2/10 ship date with one more realistic.

7. Bomino

Bomino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got shipment notification email for my y470p. Will report back with some feedback asap ;D

8. kumquatism

kumquatism Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered one last night. It told me the ship date was going to be 2/15/12, which honestly is far too long, as I need it ASAP for school. I was thinking about cancelling the order, but your ship notification is giving me a glimmer of hope. I'm still on the fence about this laptop though, as 900 could get me a laptop with far better battery life (something that's fairly important for me). Yet, the specs of the Y470p are just so tempting. I wish they let us fully customize the laptop (read: pick a different screen), as apparently the 14" screen isn't that great. I also have no desire for a 750GB harddrive.

9. Bomino

Bomino Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Laptop came in on thursday night. Installed mass effect 2 and skyrim, skyrim getting 30-40fps during fights on high settings. Masseffect ran very smooth as well, absolutely no hiccups. Are there any specific benchmark requests?

10. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

Reputations:
    3dmark11 as well as overclocking results and heat output. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.