Cluster of Surface Pro 2017 Problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by msintle, Jul 22, 2017.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Apple is no better. MacOS is terrible. And like windows 3.11 compared to windows 10. Touchscreens are the present and future, and apple refuses to modernize their desktop solutions. Using keyboard commands instead of interactive touch is so MS - DOS. having to do finger gymnastics just to right click on mac is so dumb. Not to mention many other easy things on windows that are down right dumb on MacOS.

msintle likes this.
  2. msintle

msintle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Haha finger gymnastics, I like that! It is indeed funny when you run a touch/pen enabled OSX on the Surface line using VMware virtualization for macOS. Something you cannot natively do.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah....it is though. The Mac is behind the times. Windows 10 is MILES ahead of MacOS in user friendliness and functionality. Touchscreen/pen/etc is the present and future. mouse and keyboard commands are the 1980s.

msintle likes this.
  4. msintle

msintle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Plus, there's no DiskZIP for Mac OSX. Meaning, you cannot transparently double your disk capacity in a single click. Or through multiple clicks. Or through extensive command line finagling. Or ever. That's really sad.

kojack likes this.
  5. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My i5, 256GB, 8GB model's touchscreen stopped working. After some pain and frustration, the replacement process has begun. None of the Microsoft stores in my area have that model in stock, and apparently the Microsoft agent on the phone did not check before sending me out to one. Whatever.