CLU with n850hk1, need help

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by tanzmeister, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    For me it leaves behind a silver residue.

2. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    does CLU have a shelf life period?

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hey bro. I was having similar issues with CLU and eventually stopped using it. It is also too thin and watery. I think they changed the composition for some silly reason, as I went through about 4 tubes of it and all were the same. I wasted about $75 trying to get a good sample like it used to be and finally decided enough of that.

I'm using Conductonaut now. It's not as good as the old thicker CLU, but it is way better than this new stuff. Just be careful with the Conductonaut, because it is really thin as well. Use the provided black cotton swab and press hard in a circular motion and it will cover and stick well. Apply to both surfaces same as CLU.

tanzmeister likes this.
  4. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I see! I was thinking Nvidia or Clevo Is using something to polish their DIE or HS that comes in contact with CLU and reacts like this. I have noticed if I do a hot(90C+) application with GPU or CPU running - then it stick pretty good after I do It in circular matter dissolving the "dark" matter in a fresh portion of CLU until it stops appearing.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Have seen similar weird result before. Do not look at what went wrong for him. Just look at the CLLU application.
    You should perhaps tried the cleaning agent Indigo Xtreme Clean™from EK. Or similar. Most likely stronger than the best isopropanol quality you can buy.
    [​IMG]

From the test of EK-Indigo Extreme metal tim regarding the cleaning...
    "The cleaning agent EK is powerful and smells tight - but it's effective. Just see how dirty our cloth was, on a processor that was already washed with isopropanol, a detergent that's usually good enough."