Clicking Noise issue *resolved*

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cyanize, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borought

Borought Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry... but it still makes the DAMN Western Digital clicking sound.

I am tired of looking a solution, when should Western digital give us one, and stop the clicking hard drive sound.

Do not buy Western Digital hard drives. NEVER.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. Ninive

Ninive Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I thought I'd post an update on this. I just bought a new Asus laptop, and everything seemed to be working perfectly - except for an awful ticking noise. I ran all the diagnostics I could find, and no problems were detected with my hard drive. I finally, based on your suggestions, tried hdparm and Scorpion's acoustic file, and the ticking has stopped:D Lets hope it stays that way;)

My hard drive is from Western Digital, and my OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

3. sammita

sammita Newbie

Reputations:
    Question for those of you who have fixed the clicking noise with the help of Quiet HDD or other similar programs:

How long has it been since you used the fix? Do you see any hard drive issues? I'm especially interested in the long-term consequences of the programs that stop clicking.
    I have an option of returning the "clicking laptop" to the store or use Quiet HDD. No guarantee though that another laptop will not have the same issue. Any advice is appreciated.

4. ex.treme

ex.treme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I own Inspiron 1520. Before 2 years i solved problem with WD Scorpio Blue 5000BEVT with Crystaldiskinfo, later with hdparm.bat file.
    But now have new problem. Bought Samsung 1TB 2.5' laptop drive and can't stop the clicking noise. Crystaldiskinfo, Quiethdd, Hdparm at -254 or -255 don't work. Turn off AAM, APM with no helps.
    Looks the problem called "Program fail count" (B5) and rapidly erasing. After 2 days have 380 000.

5. melissament

melissament Newbie

Reputations:
    i use rusian software called PC2000

it's solved mine..

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  6. santosh_g31

santosh_g31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Cyanize,
    I own a Dell inspiron N5050 laptop.
    It's hardrive failed within two months.
    The drive was replaced,however i found that replaced drive made some significant crunching or grinding noise,so i called the Dell representative and hardrive has been replaced 4 times since then because of the noise that i hear.
    two times it was Toshiba and two times it was Seagate,but both made similar noise(crunching or grinding).
    Now finally i have Toshibha HDD now but still the same problem.
    I had ran every possible tests to check the hardrive,the hard drive passess all tests.
    Wiil the solution given by you in the very first post solve the issue or is there some problem in my laptop.
    Specs
    ----------
    Inspiron n5050
    Intel core i3-2330M CPU-2.2GHZ
    OS=Windows 7 64bit
    HDD=Toshiba 500GB ,model=MK5076GSX ATA device

Please help me on this.

7. santosh_g31

santosh_g31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Cyanize,
    I own a Dell inspiron N5050 laptop.
    It's hardrive failed within two months.
    The drive was replaced,however i found that replaced drive made some significant crunching or grinding noise,so i called the Dell representative and hardrive has been replaced 4 times since then because of the noise that i hear.
    two times it was Toshiba and two times it was Seagate,but both made similar noise(crunching or grinding).
    Now finally i have Toshibha HDD now but still the same problem.
    I had ran every possible tests to check the hardrive,the hard drive passess all tests.
    Wiil the solution given by you in the very first post solve the issue or is there some problem in my laptop.
    Specs
    ----------
    Inspiron n5050
    Intel core i3-2330M CPU-2.2GHZ
    OS=Windows 7 64bit
    HDD=Toshiba 500GB ,model=MK5076GSX ATA device

Please help me on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.