Clevos with new 6-core Intel Mobile Cpus

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Nov 24, 2017.

1. ravul

ravul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem :) Please can you check with your contact, if it is possible to upgrade the processor to 8700?

2. Chris S

Chris S Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No of course you're not, you just want to post videos of the game running on different machines.

Two people here provided their experience of it. Believe it or don't believe it, but why on earth should they bother recording a video of it for someone who has no valid reason to doubt their statements.

Finally, to give you an idea of how completely out of whack the perception of all these reps is with reality

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-650-hs-high-cpu-temps.801868/page-2#post-10473190

Player reports thermal throttling on well known cpu+gpu heavy titles, rep responds with his quality control methods using tests that are not heavy on the cpu and gpu on a machine with a shared heatpipe.

Unfortunately you guys are simply out of touch with the reality that thermal throttling is expected behaviour when using these machines on many recent titles.

This situation seems to only be getting worse as we are apparently well past the time when games were commonly gpu limited. Probably happened with the new generation of consoles.

A shame for this site and your customers you are giving out such misleading advice.

'Notebookreview' should really be a place where consumers can get accurate opinions from experienced users. Unfortunately much of the conversation seems to be dominated by reps peddling opinions that don't reflect the operating conditions of these computers.

Of course this is not a surprising situation when up until recently the only alternative was a desktop cpu in a laptop, and prior to that the gpus were as horribly cut down and underpowered as the cpus.

Must have been damned hard to convince people to buy them then.

Probably turn out to be a bit of an accident of history that they managed to stick a desktop gpu in a laptop this generation.

I dunno why, some damned electrical engineer can explain the details.

3. Legion343

Legion343 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys i have for you teaser for my P955EP review
    The i7-8750H in order to achieve max Turbo frequency needs much more than 45 W TDP cap.

Attached Files:

Prema, raz8020 and sicily428 like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes a 6 core will always need more juice than the Intel ratings to run at max turbo on all cores sustained. However turbo would kind of be pointless otherwise.

5. Legion343

Reputations:
    Yes but earlier H chips usually worked at max clocks during stress in 45 w TDP cap. These new ones only achieve stock Turbo clock only for very short period then significant drop (situation similar to U series). The 6 core, very high clocks compared to SKL/KBL and still although improved 14 nm process so this is no surprising.

raz8020 likes this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Yeah, they work exactly as 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Uv Processors

Look into reviews of those 8th gen Intel Uv processors in Notebookcheck.net and you will see all of them throttle down speed after the first round Cinebench R15

Ashtrix and raz8020 like this.
  7. Legion343

Reputations:
    Hi i don't have too i had enough i7-8500U which lose against i5-8250U with factory 20 wat TDP up...
    Last one
    https://pclab.pl/art73405-3.html

Papusan and raz8020 like this.
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Looking forward to your review!
    Hope to get my hands on one of the new systems to remove the combined load throttle in the Prema Mod.
    Hope they also give you a PA7 with 9850HK soon...

raz8020 likes this.
  9. Legion343

Reputations:
    Thx but it will take some time to do (will post link when ready)

I would like PA7 with i9 but none of resellers in Poland has it from what i know....

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    raz8020 likes this.
  10. Legion343

Reputations:
    Prema and Arondel like this.