Clevos with new 6-core Intel Mobile Cpus

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Legion343

Legion343 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looks good but i need final one for review.

ravul likes this.
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes and yes

Vistar Shook and ravul like this.
  3. mexeratalayme

mexeratalayme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Chris S
    Huh back then csgo with a 1070 at 4.5ghz skylake averaged around 350 fps, and you said that there is no bottleneck, now with the kabylake at 5ghz its averages around 430 fps, so the cpu is always in bottleneck, also afaik 300 fps is enough for near 0 input lag on the entire chain

hmscott likes this.
  4. skandal

skandal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The P407 isn't exactly a fair comparison. Unless I'm getting the price wrong, these notebooks aren't exactly cheap and for that price point I'll probably be better served if I pay a bit more and go for a GS65 or Aero 15 who have double the battery life.

5. XMG

Reputations:
    I was replying to this point: "47wh is very very low. My dell 7370 has 43 with Core-m7 and no dedicated GPU and it can't get over 6h with normal surfing usage -.-. 47wh on 8750h and Gtx1060 is like 20m runtime ?" - thus I gave an example of a laptop which has comparable CPU and GPU, plus battery (2Wh lower than the laptop being discussed), to show that it's more than "like 20m runtime" ;-)

raz8020 and skandal like this.
  6. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. XMG

Reputations:
    We do have a launch date in mind, but I can't announce that until our marketing department prepares the official announcement. It will be pretty soon however.

We usually don't announce until we are extremely close to having stock - one reason is becasue we usually have additional options compared to other companies and tend to work closer with the ODMs on things like fan profiles and testing. We are actually already discussing the next gen of this chassis!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, our chassis is sandblasted aluminium rather than brushed like everyone else has, plus there's some other subtle differences which set our version apart. More details will follow very soon, I just can't tell all right now because of the launch schedule.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Chris S

Chris S Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Answers I seek? From you? I am yet to read a sensible reply from you, and you certainly have no 'answers I seek'.

I was happy to respond to the person asking the original question, who is the one seeking answers. I already have my answers as I have the machine and use it.

The sheer bloody nerve of you to 'ask for evidence', when you have just been given it in BF1, and also my experience in Vermintide 2, Fallout4 and there is plenty of benchmarks out there of recent titles scaling well with cpu.

If you want more evidence, type it into bloody google, or better yet actually install some of these games and play them, instead of reciting third hand knowledge and giving people advice which is incorrect (but helps you sell units).

I should add here that the primary topic of contention I replied to was 1080p 60fps, thermal throttling was a later remark of mine. Even if it doesn't throttle, at the end of the day it is still a low range cpu.

Regarding thermal throttling, is not something you are familiar with in your machines, because you clearly don't game on them. It is so widely reported and well known that it is hardly worthy of comment. It is only this website which persists in the fantasy that these laptops don't throttle with the right combination of an undervolt and voodoo magic. I would expect the customers who actually delid their cpu would be well below 1% of total.

This is very simple for you Mr Sales Rep.

1. Buy Vermintide 2.
    2. Install Intel XTU (the fans are fine now).
    3. Play the game and watch the little 'thermal throttling' light turn on.

Doesn't get any easier than that, and as you desire evidence but outright refuse to listen to anyone with direct experience, you can go and bloody get it yourself.

Or just read the reviews on notebookcheck? Why the hell am I even talking about this? This is elementary.

Predictably you are arguing that downclocking the turbo isn't throttling and predictably you didn't have the honesty to come out and say it straight up - I've already addressed this fallacy and if you disagree contact Intel and take it up with them.

Not to mention that these cooling solutions certainly aren't overengineered, and come a hot day they get shown up.

Rest assured Meaker, I do not desire a conversation with users of all kinds, particularly those who provide dissembling responses that truly defy common sense.

My 'aggression' is in fact frustration at reading such utter nonsense, and it is unfortunate that such misleading statements are accepted without question here, and even encouraged.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  9. Chris S

Chris S Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's nice for you.

I'm sure the summers here don't help, but this is part of real world use.

Now, what about the other half of that sentence?

You've ignored the rest of what I said, I'm sure because it highlights for you how demented\ridiculous it is for gents here to ignore primary sources in favour of what could kindly be called a novel youtube extrapolation theory.

On the bright side it's the first I've ever heard of it, so you get to name it. Rampant Gorillas Rule of Youtube or some such.

I hate to state the obvious, but it seems necessary. Why don't you just buy it on a sale or something and see for yourself?

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I personally used a 4870hq tweaked to maintain 4 core 8 thread operation at 3.4ghz connected via x16 PCI 3.0 dock to a water cooled Titan X Maxwell at 1500mhz core clocks so around the same speed as a 1080. I never had issues with any title and it would run rings around the 1070 machines out now.