Clevo W650KK1 Cooling System? Reviews?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Mar 11, 2017.

1. blacklord049

blacklord049 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. MageTank

MageTank Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry for the late response, I'll look into this on my unit to double check for you. Oddly enough, mine worked out of the box. Using the function key + brightness key on the keyboard, the brightness control works fine. You have the latest driver for your iGPU, right?

3. xyamerican

xyamerican Newbie

Reputations:
    yes, and the brightness functions start working again if i put the IPS panel back it.

The functions are still there, they dont disable with the 120hz screen, but 0% looks like 100% and there are no actual changes outside the interface sliders.

the dude i talked to at eluktronics support claimed that there was no keyboard replacement which would allow for backlit, and there was no support he could give about120hz screens questions for this model

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Keyboard backlights need a 2nd connector on the motherboard.

5. xyamerican

xyamerican Newbie

Reputations:
    makes sense. I tried asking the eluktronics tech about the 120hz screen possibly being updated in bios to be an officially supported screen, or if he could forward any information to anyone in development down the line or something; didn't seem like he could help or provide any other information of any kind, as with the keyboard question he repeated "can't be done/isn't supported" .

actually finding the screen size to be too small to game comfortably, going to give it some more time though

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    120 Hz screens have different connectors to cope with the double bandwidth requirements (4k 60hz panels usually share the same one) so a model has to ship with a high resolution display or 120Hz from the factory for it to be an upgrade option.

7. B0B

B0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think some people got it to work. I was always under the impression that 120hz FHD was still a 30 pin connector vs the 4k 40 pin.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Well my own is certainly 40 pin :) all of our 120hz 1080p panels are 40pin AFAIK.

9. B0B

B0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My keyboard is loose on the left side. These don't appear to screw down either. To be clear I didn't completely dismantle this but I have the bottom panel off and the top panel 80% off. From the "G" key top to bottom and left.

If I firmly hold my thumbnail on the keyboard plate the keys sound normal.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does it do the same when all re-assembled? Was it like that from purchase or did it recently happen?