Clevo sees weak profits in 2016, but expects strong performance in 2017

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Clevo sees weak profits in 2016, but expects strong performance in 2017

Clevo has announced consolidated revenues of NT$5.73 billion (US$189.63 million) for the fourth quarter of 2016, up 17% sequentially and 3% on year and NT$19.72 billion for the whole of 2016, up 2% on year. The company's net profits were NT$239 million in the fourth quarter, up 583% sequentially and 26% on year; however, net profits in 2016 were down NT$436 million to reach only NT$596 million because of exchange losses. EPS was NT$0.92.

Clevo shipped 1.33 million notebooks in 2016, down from 2015's 1.43 million units, but revenues were up 4% on year to reach NT$14.1 billion in 2016 thanks to increased sales of high-end gaming products.

Currently, 40% of Clevo's notebook shipments are delivered to China and the country has already become a major market for the company's high-end notebook products. Clevo shipped over 500,000 notebooks to China in 2016 and shipments in 2017 are expected to grow a double-digit percentage on year thanks to the China government's aggressive moves on nurturing its e-sport industry.

Clevo has also prepared new high-end notebook products including high-performance ultra-thin enterprise models, high-performance multimedia models and gaming models. These notebooks are set to be released in April and May.

Source: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170329PD206.html

Stress Tech, jaug1337, TomJGX and 4 others like this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If Clevo comes out with a reasonably thin and light machine with Thunderbolt 3 that's compatible with the Razer Core, my money is as good as in HIDevolution's bank account.

3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    Hey, I'm pretty sure that their board room meetings is to discuss how they can mess up the heatsink QC even more than now.

Stress Tech, Paull, jaybee83 and 4 others like this.
  4. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
    Then prepare some $$$$ for the next 2 months. They are planning to compete heavily in all users segments in 2017.

Phoenix likes this.
  5. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
    The question is: How they can get all this numbers of sales and revenues, with their current QC?

triturbo and Phoenix like this.
  6. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Overall QC is actually quite good. The heatsinks seem to be the only issue (and perhaps crappy stock paste). The other hardware is quite reliable, I see more users with older Clevo models than most other gaming machines. Obviously being an enthusiast forums it's a little skewed, but they perform well.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
    Yes, you are right, but they should listen to this thread to enhance their production, fixing issues and fulfill the customers expectations.

TBoneSan and Phoenix like this.
  8. Galm

Reputations:
    If Clevo is listening there is one thing above all else.

PLEASE CHANGE THE KEYBOARDS ON ALL DESKTOP CPU LINE CLEVOS. WHY DO YOUR HIGHEST END MACHINES HAVE THE WORST KEYBOARDS?

The P650RS keyboard is very solid, why have such an awful one on the P750, P755, and P870 lines.

If you don't believe me Clevo ask @Phoenix @D2 Ultima @Mr. Fox @HTWingNut @Mobius 1 and more...

9. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    I won't say it's even close to being awful, but it could be lots better for this class of machine

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut

10. Galm

Reputations:
    It's easily the worst of the P series and I like most N series more. Phoenix literally switched to MSI he hated it so much lol. Trading a 1080 for a keyboard...